If you’ve visited Branson in January, you’ll know that it’s a great time to be in one of America’s favorite destinations! Sure, outdoor activities are little more limited during cooler weather, and a lot of shows take this time to work on new material for their Spring opening, or simply to enjoy their own family vacations. But there is still a lot to see and do in Branson during the first month of the year -- and you’ll discover that getting around town gets a tad bit easier in January!
Whether you want to spend time indoors or out, Branson has something you’ll enjoy in January. The winters here are pretty tame and group travel is lighter, so you won’t see a lot of motorcoaches around, and things you love to do are in abundance, including shopping, dining, and sightseeing.
Here’s a dozen different things available in Branson in January - do one, try two, or take the plunge into fantastic fun and do every one!
1. Be amazed by the Amazing Pets! This delightful show features cats and dogs you might find in anyone's home. With many of them rescued from shelters, you'll be surprised at what these common pets can do! Beautiful, colorful birds are the show's very special guest stars!
2. Join a live audience for the Branson Country USA radio show! Experience the fun of a Friday night live radio broadcast with the popular entertainers from Grand Country. Hosted by Jim Dandy and Mike Patrick, it’s full of late night laughter and music!
3. Branson’s Promised Land Zoo welcomes you! A foot safari, bottle feeding, and live animal shows are just a few of the non-traditional zoo features at the Promised Land Zoo, where you’ll discover incredible animals from around the world.
4. Frolic at the Butterfly Palace & Rainforest Adventure! Wander among the thousands of butterflies - visit the Banyan Tree Bungee Adventure - enjoy the Living Rainforest Science Center - journey through the Emerald Forest Mirror Maze - discover all this and more at the Butterfly Palace!
5. Laugh ‘til you cry at Comedy Jamboree! Headlined by lovable goofballs AppleJack, Stretch McCord, and Andy Parks, Comedy Jamboree enjoys a perfect Branson-style line-up of laughter-generating loonies!
6. Get physical at Fritz’s Adventure! Discover this multidimensional, outdoors-brought-indoors experience, featuring bridges, utility poles, buildings to scale, rock-climbing walls, giant boulders, multiple slides, tunnels, tubes, and more. Get a workout and have a lot fun doing it!
7. Have a grand day inside Grand Country! You’ll find three different mini-golf courses, mini-bowling, a LaserMaze, bumper cars, arcade games, and more, plus Branson’s first indoor waterpark. The complex is also home to a wonderful buffet and several incredible shows!
8. Get your country on at Grand Jubilee! One of Branson’s longest running music shows, Grand Jubilee shares great country, as well as a variety of other music genres, including gospel, pop, and rock. It showcases the incredible talent of quartet, New South, and good, clean family-style humor!
9. Rub elbows with the rich and famous at Hollywood Wax Museum! You won’t have to step inside to enjoy the sights at the Hollywood Wax Museum - you’ll be greeted upon arrival by the iconic New York skyline, complete with the Empire State Building being scaled by King Kong!
10. Be impressed by Mike Walker’s Lasting Impressions! Whether he’s channeling Elvis, or belting out a song in his own voice, you’ll love this unforgettable artist - he’s both seriously talented and incredibly funny. If Mike Walker can’t crack you up, your funny bone is badly broken!
11. Toast the new year at St. James Winery & Restaurant! Branson’s only winery with a full-service restaurant, featuring delicious brick oven pizza, sandwiches, and more. Tasting sessions make it easy to enjoy St. James’ award-winning wines, including Velvet Red, Vignoles, Riesling, and Cynthiana.
12. Enjoy the Titanic Museum - an attraction of epic proportions! Explore an impressive collection of artifacts, fascinating interactive and immersive displays, a replica of the grand staircase, and special events and showcases that come together to tell the true story that will forever touch our hearts.
If you’re looking for a baker’s dozen, add another sensational show or attraction to your visit - choose from the following list of more things we love in January: Ripley’s Believe It Or Not! Museum & Odditorium, World’s Largest Toy Museum Complex, Branson Dinosaur Museum, Branson’s Wild World, Runaway Mountain Coaster, National Tiger Sanctuary, Shepherd of the Hills ATV Adventures, and go-karts at more at The Track 4. (Hey, you don’t have to pick just one - extend your stay and do them all!)
January has long been a best kept secret for many loyal visitors; maybe it’s time to change that and let January become your favorite time of year to visit Branson!