Christmas in Branson...there truly is no other destination that can make you feel like you’ve come home for the holidays! Regardless of where you were born and raised - where you might lay your head at night after a long day’s work - or where you’ll find your aunts and uncles, cousins, and the rest of the family gang, spending some of your treasured Christmas time in Branson just feels like a “home for the holidays” experience. Back in September, we shared “Christmas in Branson - 10 Ways to Find Holiday Happiness - Make Plans Now” - here, we’re giving you 20 more reasons to be home in Branson for the holidays!
If you plan to be in Branson later in December, no worries, we’ve marked the shows with performances during the last two (and a half) weeks of the year - look for those marked with an asterisk (*) - yep, they include Shoji!
1. A Brett Family Christmas: We realize we embraced this show in the last post, but something this good bears repeating! And Christmas is the only time you’ll find the Bretts here, so don’t miss this rare opportunity!
Last show in 2018: Saturday, December 15 at 10:00 a.m. Theater: Dick Clark’s American Bandstand
*2. ABBA Tribute - Thank You for the Music: Enjoy a modern reinterpretation of the huge hits this Swedish sensation piled up in the 70s! Every holiday’s a bit more jolly with a fabulous music blast from the past!
Last show in 2018: Saturday, December 29 at 2:00 p.m. Theater: Hamners’ Variety
*3. All Crazy ‘Bout Patsy: Get all crazy for the holidays and enjoy some of the country classics of Patsy Cline and other great ladies of country! It can be your Christmas gift to yourself!
Last show in 2018: Monday, December 31 at 5:00 p.m. Theater: Hot Hits in Historic Downtown
4. Andy Williams Ozark Mountain Christmas: The Lennon Sisters, Jimmy Osmond, AYO - Voices of Glory, Charlie Green, The Lennon Granddaughters...need we say more?
Last show in 2018: Saturday, December 15 at 8:00 p.m. Theater: Andy Williams Performing Arts Center
*5. Beach Boys California Dreamin’: Who doesn’t love a great Beach Boys song? You’ll get a healthy dose of their best in a show that’ll have you singing along, and probably thinking about gifting tickets to a loved one!
Last show in 2018: Saturday, December 29 at 10:00 a.m. Theater: Hamners’ Variety
6. Branson Country USA: Enjoy a little Branson nightlife where you’re part of a live radio broadcast, and where you never know what guests will pop in to share a little Christmas cheer!
Last show in 2018: Friday, December 14 at 10:30 p.m. Theater: Grand Country
7. Christmas Wonderland: Singing, dancing, and a high-kicking chorus line sure to put a smile on even the biggest grinch in your family! It’s a “high demand” holiday show, so book early!
Last show in 2018: Friday, December 14 at 8:00 p.m. Theater: King’s Castle
8. Down Home Country: Classic country, western swing, side-splitting comedy...wrap it up with a bow and you’ve got the perfect Christmas gift for the whole family - it’s a jolly good time!
Last show in 2018: Thursday, December 13 at 3:00 p.m. Theater: Grand Country
*9. Hamners’ Unbelievable Christmas: Take a treasured holiday that’s already magical and let a couple of world-famous magicians present a Christmas production - you won’t find more holiday happiness than this!
Last show in 2018: Sunday, December 30 at 3:00 p.m. Theater: Hamners’ Variety
*10. Hughes Brothers Christmas Show: A true holiday extravaganza with literally dozens of talented family members filling the stage with song and dance!
Last show in 2018: Monday, December 31 at 8:00 p.m. Theater: Hughes Brother
*11. The Johnson Strings: If seeing family at Christmas is on your holiday agenda, add the Johnsons to your family tree! What a beautiful and talented bunch - don’t wait long, tickets sell fast for this one!
Last show in 2018: Friday, December 21 at 7:30 p.m. Theater: Majestic
12. Magnificent 7's Christmas Imagination: Since we already know that variety is the spice of life, how about adding “7” more reasons to come home to Branson and spice up your holidays? You won’t be disappointed!
Last show in 2018: Friday, December 7 at 7:00 p.m. Theater: Hamners’ Variety
*13. Motown Downtown Tribute: If some of the greatest music ever created can’t put you in a merry mood, nothing can! And with a small theater that brings the music up close and personal, seats go fast, so don’t wait!
Last show in 2018: Monday, December 31 at 7:00 p.m. Theater: Hot Hits in Historic Downtown
14. New South Gospel: One of Branson’s best quartets delivers the music goods - and what’s more perfect for the holidays than gospel greats performed to pure perfection? Nothing!
Last show in 2018: Friday, December 14 at 10:00 a.m. Theater: Grand Country
*15. Ozarks Country: Hits on the charts today and classic country favorites from the past delivered by Tammy and Tonya Bilyeau (Stutterettes for late country legend, Mel Tillis) - merry and memorable!
Last show in 2018: Sunday, December 30 at 7:00 p.m. Theater: Grand Country
16. Ozarks Gospel: The Bilyeaus have not only mastered the fine art of a good country song, they’ve got the goods when it comes to gospel - and we’ve already determined it’s music made for the holidays!
Last show in 2018: Sunday, December 9 at 2:00 p.m. Theater: Grand Country
17. Prophecy - A Trans-Siberian Orchestra Style Show: With the original’s blessing, rock band Denial 3 delivers that same amazing style of show, scaled to the more intimate Branson stage setting. In a word - wow!
Last show in 2018: Friday, November 30 at 7:30 p.m. Theater: Starlite
*18. Shoji - 25 Days of Christmas with the Tabuchi’s: He’s back with a big Christmas bang! See one of Branson’s biggest stars, Shoji Tabuchi, with his headlining daughter, Christina, in this holiday gem!
Last show in 2018: Friday, December 21 at 10:00 a.m. Theater: Clay Cooper
*19. SIX Christmas Show: Six human voices that create an orchestra of music with no accompaniment! They do it up holiday style for a family show sure to delight young and old alike!
Last show in 2018: Friday, December 21 at 8:00 p.m. Theater: Hughes Brothers
*20. Sanders Family Christmas: They have folks laughing in the aisles with their Smoke on the Mountain production, just imagine how much fun you’ll have when the lovable clan takes on your favorite holiday!
Last show in 2018: Saturday, December 29 at 8:00 p.m. Theater: IMAX Little Opry
And there you have it, twenty incredible shows to fill your family’s Christmas schedule in Branson this year! Of course, there is soooo much more to see and do during Branson’s extended Christmas season - November and December - including at Shepherd of the Hills - check this out: “Christmas in Branson - It’s Brand New at Historic Shepherd of the Hills”). And, we’ll be posting all about Christmas gift shopping in Branson soon, so stay tuned - in the meantime, check out these two helpful posts on great places to shop: “Branson Missouri Shopping - It’s a Really Big Deal!” and “Branson Shopping - 5 Fantastic Stores You’ll Only Find Here!”