One of the first things you think about while on vacation is food, especially great dining spots you won’t find back home -- and one thing that everyone looks for is a great burger - the best burger - where do you find it in Branson? You’ll find plenty of delicious burgers here, from a gourmet JB Kobe Farms Wagyu Burger at Level 2 Steakhouse in the Hilton, to an Original Double at the popular chain, Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers, and every type and quality of burger that’s above, below, and in-between. We’ve assembled our list of Top 5 favorites - those Branson-based burger joints where the locals go for a really good hamburger!
We’re not ranking these burgers - we’ve put them in alphabetical order - we’ll let you try them all and discover which is your favorite! (Find us on Facebook and tell us what you think!)
1. Baba’s Burgers & Gyros - You’ll find that this nondescript little eatery, right on Highway 76, (long-time Branson fans might remember a Dunkin’ Donuts at this location) has a simple menu, but there’s nothing simple or nondescript about the food at Baba’s! You can get a traditional beef burger - single or double patty - or be a bit more adventurous and try the Elk Burger...or maybe the Buffalo Burger. Vegetarians will be happy to know that they also offer a Gardenburger. Toppings offered include the customary, like pickles, tomatoes, and the like, and the special, like grilled onions, spicy guacamole, jalapenos, and avocado. For your next visit to Baba’s - we’re positive you’ll want to return - make sure you try one of their tasty gyros!
2. Billy Bob’s Dairyland - It’s been a Branson dining institution for years, previously sitting at the intersection of Highway 76 - The Strip and Fall Creek Road before it was widened. At home now tucked in next to, of all things, a gas station convenience store, it still enjoys a Strip location. Nothing fancy here - no gourmet burgers, no exotic toppings or meats, just big juicy burgers with a fresh bun and toppings. You can have your burger with cheese, or without, and that’s about as fancy as it gets at Billy Bob’s! Just make sure you have it with a hot side of fries, and make room for a shake or a tender, flaky fried pie! The atmosphere is 50’s diner-style, without trying to hard, and remember to bring cash because, just like a diner in the 50’s, Billy Bob’s doesn’t take plastic.
3. The Burger Shack - Touting the slogan “we’re bringing the burger back,” the Burger Shack has certainly lived up to the claim! They offer big, hand-formed patties that are grilled to perfection and ready for your choice of toppings from an impressive list of nearly 20 items. Options range from the simple, but pleasantly surprising, choice of either mayonnaise or Miracle Whip, to more intriguing things like pineapple slices and A-1 Steak Sauce. The fries are also way above the norm - they’re freshly hand-cut onsite and deep-fried, turning out a French fry that’s perfectly hot and tender inside and crispy on the outside. And, as if great burgers and fries aren’t enough, they also offer hand-dipped shakes, floats, and cones.
4. Danna's Bar-B-Que & Burger Shop - If you’re looking for the place locals consistently rank at the top of their “gotta have a great burger now” list, then you’ve found it with Danna’s! Burgers can be ordered with a single patty or double, great with cheese or without, or you can jump in big time and get a Fat Burger - a six ounce patty on a toasted bun with cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, Miracle Whip, and a fried egg. You can also get a Danna Burger, which includes chopped pork and BBQ sauce, or the more health-conscious Turkey Burger, served on a toasted whole wheat bun. Whatever burger you choose, make sure you return to Danna’s...although we put it on this “best burgers” list, they’re even better known for their fabulous BBQ!
5. The Upper Deck Grille - This cheerful eatery, owned by local Branson High graduates, is the only dining spot in the Shoppes at Branson Meadows -- but don’t let the lack of options discourage you, once you try a burger here, you’ll realize the Upper Deck Grille is the only option required! The menu has an impressive selection of tempting items, but the burgers are a must, and they’re known for their eclectic offerings. All “Main Event” burgers begin as a half-pound USDA choice, seasoned angus patty, then become gourmet treats like the Peanut Butter Bacon Burger, Macaroni & Cheese Burger, the Frito Pie Burger, and a Fried Pickle Bacon Burger. Served with a side, the burgers prepared at The Upper Deck Grille are a totally satisfying, major meal!
When it comes to great food, you’ll have no problem finding the perfect restaurant in Branson, and that’s no exception when it comes to the perfect burger. In fact, the options are plentiful, so we hope it’s helpful that we’ve narrowed it down to five of the very best burger joints...enjoy!