Raise your hand if one of your favorite eats to find in any destination is a really good burger...now, with far too many hands to count, we’re ready to help you find not one delicious burger, but several perfect patties to fill your next Branson visit with fabulous food!
This list is organized randomly, not by anyone’s preference - we’re leaving the “burger goodness order” up to you... try one, two, a few, or absolutely all of these tempting burgers - then let us know which tops your list!
1. Billy Bob’s Dairyland: Yep, if the name looks familiar, that’s because Billy Bob’s has been serving up burgers, shakes, fries, and other diner favorites longer than any other place on our list! Even after twice relocating (but staying within a half mile of their original location,) this casual, throwback-style restaurant still packs ‘em in day after day, year after year. Nothin’ fancy here - no “gourmet” sandwiches - just quality ground beef hand-formed onsite and grilled up fresh for every order!
Where? 1829 West Highway 76 (a.k.a. Country Music Boulevard and The Strip)
When? 10:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. - operates seasonally (downtime typically in January)
Another reason to eat at Billy Bob’s Dairyland? The Fried Pies - trust us - and milkshakes made like they were in the 50s, not just soft serve ice cream in a cup!
What should I know before going? They only take cash - no credit or debit cards. It may seem out-of-place in today’s high tech world, but in addition to the food, the vintage diner experience is what keeps bringing people back to Billy Bob’s!
2. Pickin’ Porch Grill: It’s not often we can talk about dining in a craft mall, but the incredible cookin’ that’s taking place in the Branson Craft Mall is easily one of Branson’s best kept eatin’ secrets! There’s no way to choose wrong from their small, but varied menu of sandwiches, tacos, and appetizers - but since we’re talking burgers here, you’ve got some truly tasty options, including a Bluegrass Burger, Anaheim Burger, and a Chorizo Burger that’s made with Angus beef and chorizo, and topped with candied jalapenos, onion strings, swiss cheese, and a house-made chipotle lime aioli. Yep, in a craft mall!
Where? Branson Craft Mall at 694 State Highway 165, about a mile from Highway 76.
When? Serving lunch and dinner - operates seasonally (closes December 31 and re-opens March 1)
Another reason to eat at Pickin’ Porch Grill? Everything on the menu, but if we must choose something other than a burger, go for the Catfish Tacos - yum!
What should I know before going? It’s located within the Craft Mall, so just go on in and they’ll direct you to the right spot - and there’s often great live music!
3. Scooter’s Sports Grill: Another of those “unusual” locations - this one is found in a mini-golf attraction - Scooter’s nonetheless is one fabulous place to find a burger! They feature gourmet offerings that include an Angus Burger, Jalapeno Cream Cheese Burger, and a Mushroom & Mozzarella Burger. And if you enjoy a great deal, Wednesday’s Grill Special is usually a burger! In addition to the satisfying “see you next time” food, you’ll enjoy the incredible hospitality that’s second nature to Scooter’s.
Where? Greatest Adventures Mini-Golf at 4800 North Gretna Road in Branson Meadows
When? Usually open from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., but sometimes stays open as late as 10:00 p.m. Operates seasonally (re-opens in March)
Another reason to eat at Scooter’s Sports Grill? The Dragon Eggs - tasty jalapenos and cheese wrapped in bacon and deep-fried (there’s a very cool dragon on the course that you can’t miss!) And loyal guests will tell you that Scooter’s makes the best Reuben Sandwich in Branson!
What should I know before going? If you’re bringing the kids, make time for mini-golf - it’s a very neat course and they’ll want to play as soon as they spot the dragon!
4. BucketList Restaurant & Bar: While we have you in Branson Meadows, check out another fun burger joint - the BucketList! Conveniently located next to the cinemas, it serves up good pizza and other tantalizing treats, but the burgers may be their most unique offering - Bacon Guacamole, Fried Pickle & Bacon, and Mac N Cheese are three of their popular gourmet burgers. They’ve recently added delivery, too, making it easy to get a good burger at a hotel that doesn’t offer room service!
Where? 4580 North Gretna Road in The Shoppes at Branson Meadows
When? Usually open from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. year-round.
Another reason to eat at the BucketList Restaurant & Bar? Pizza! They offer something you won’t find at many pizza places - the option to get a Chicago deep-dish crust, as well as thin and hand-tossed. And hit it on the weekends and you’re likely to be treated to live music!
What should I know before going? The Shoppes boasts some really good stores - especially Tuesday Morning - so be prepared to be tempted!
5. Danna's Bar-B-Que & Burger Shop: For locals, putting Danna’s “mid-list” is proof that these burger places are NOT ranked by popularity! In addition to offering some of Branson’s best barbecue, Danna’s is very popular for their burgers - so much so, that folks are likely to keep their favorite place a secret to make sure they’ll have a seat for lunch or dinner! They offer simple single and double hand-formed burgers freshly made only when ordered, but also delight diners with their Fat Burger, a juicy patty with traditional toppings, but crowned with a fried egg. Another more substantial offering is their Danna Burger, it includes their chopped pork and famous barbecue sauce - tasty!
Where? 963 State Highway 165
When? Monday - Thursday from 10:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. - until 9:00 p.m. on Friday & Saturday - open year-round
Another reason to eat at Danna's Bar-B-Que & Burger Shop? The phenomenal barbecue, of course, all created with locally sourced, exceptional meats that are hickory-smoked for hours.
What should I know before going? It can be an easy restaurant to miss - tucked into an Ozarks “hollow” nestled between the Skyline Church property and the Fall Creek Inn.
6. Drafts Sports Grill: This large restaurant and bar makes the list mostly for how they create their burger patties - they have a signature blend of meats - beef brisket, short rib, and ground chuck. And their “Burger Bistro” menu offers a unique selection, including a Yankee Doodle open-faced burger, Garlic Burger, and Turkey Burger. Their Drafts’ Famous Burgers are served on a brioche bun, and offer additional toppings like blue cheese, sauteed mushrooms, and chili.
Where? 2201 Roark Valley Road in the Shepherd of the Hills District
When? Open seasonally and on limited weekdays from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., and Saturday & Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Another reason to eat at Drafts Sports Grill? The “Sidewinder” fries! Crispy Bent Arm Ale beer-battered fries tossed with sea salt and a vinegar rub - they also come as Bacon & Bleu and Loaded.
What should I know before going? Drafts is also “sports” bar with several large screen TVs, and often entertains lots of sports fans - a fun environment when you’re looking for a high energy atmosphere.
Branson has a LOT of great places to find a burger - this post could easily be much longer - so here’s a quick list of even more great places for finding a satisfying burger:
The Burger Shack - drive-through style, but with gourmet burger offerings - located on Highway 76.
Jackie B. Goode’s - retro diner style, with live entertainment and old-fashioned burgers - on State Highway 165 (visible from the corner of Highway 76 and 165.)
Gettin’ Basted - best known for multi-award-winning barbecue, but serves up one mean burger - in the former Baldknobbers Country Restaurant on Highway 76.
In a hurry, but don’t want the typical national chain drive-through? National, but still limited to 32 states, are two fast food burger joints that offer a similar style of burger - Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers can be found in the Branson Hills District, and Steak ‘n Shake has two locations - one on Main Street just uphill from Historic Downtown Branson (Main Street becomes Highway 76 - The Strip - if you head in the other direction across Highway 65) - and a 24-hour location on State Highway 376, near the intersection of Shepherd of the Hills and Highway 76. Which to choose? Freddy’s for their amazing French fries, and Steak ‘n Shake for their chili served on a variety of dishes.
Getting hungry for a big juicy burger yet? Get going and get started on discovering your favorite in Branson!
Now that you’ve satisfied your burger cravings, get your fill of more great meat offerings in Branson: “Branson for Dinner! 8 Great “Only in Branson” Places for Steak & Prime Rib!” (NOTE: Buckingham’s has closed since this post was published.) If you’re thinking more about Mexican food, here you go: “Branson Dining - Delicious Mexican Cuisine in the Music City!”