We’ve been talking a lot about dining in Branson lately, but we haven’t said much about the most important meal of the day - breakfast! We’re going to share details on ideal spots for a tasty morning meal; these are all places unique to the Branson area. We talked about some of the same restaurants recently in our post about great diners, in those cases, we’ll refer (and link) you to the diner article, as well as a more detailed listing on dinebranson.com. We’ll also give you a quick list of popular brand name places that have locations in Branson; places famous for a dependable good breakfast!
(For great buffet dining, including some that serve breakfast: “Branson Buffets - 16 Places for Belly Fillin’ Fantastic Food!” For lunch or dinner, try out the local Mexican eateries: “Branson Dining - Delicious Mexican Cuisine in the Music City!”...or maybe you’re jonesin’ for some pizza? “Pizza in Branson - 25 Unique Options & Familiar Brands!” And who doesn’t love barbecue? “Branson Loves Barbecue - These 8 Places Prove It!” Sometimes, nothing takes the place of a really good burger! “Branson MO - Finding Your Best Burger in Your Favorite Place!”)
Here are 8 great “unique to Branson” restaurants for breakfast:
1. Bric’s Belgian Waffle & Pancake House: Plain Belgian Waffle -- Cinnamon & Sugar Waffle -- Pecan Waffle -- long list of sides: sausage, eggs, bacon, grits, hash browns, biscuits, fresh blueberries, English muffin
Location: 3120 West Highway 76 (this is the only one on our “unique” list that actually has a second location, in neighboring Ozark Missouri - not affiliated with the Waffle House national chain)
Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. daily
Take Note: also serves lunch -- known for good burgers -- mornings can get busy
2. Branson’s Center Stage Grille & Bar: Chef Bill’s French Quarter Toast -- Crafted Corn Beef & Hash -- Shrimp & Grits -- Branson Benedict -- Chef Brandon’s Signature Omelette
Location: 1810 West Highway 76
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday -- 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Friday & Saturday -- 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Sunday
Take Note: also serves lunch and dinner -- known for high quality food -- regulars recommend the smoked bologna -- live music in dining room and outdoor deck on select dates -- great service for groups -- there’s a connecting Kaffee Haus at the front of the restaurant -- full bar -- good at accommodating vegetarian and vegan diners
3. Fat Daddy’s Family Bar-B-Que: Ribeye Steak & Eggs -- Fat Daddy’s Sampler -- Breakfast Skillet -- Pancakes & French Toast -- Biscuits & Gravy
Location: 16020 US Highway 160 - in neighboring Forsyth, Missouri - just 15 scenic minutes from Branson
Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday -- 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Friday & Saturday -- 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Sunday
Take Note: also serves lunch and dinner -- breakfast is served all day except pancakes & biscuits, which are served until 11:00 a.m. -- known for hearty, homestyle cooking -- popular for ribs and Southern fried fish -- catering available -- weekends can get busy
4. Grandma Ruth’s: Cinnamon Rolls -- Bread Pudding -- French Toast -- Sugar Cookies -- other menu items: eggs, toast, breakfast sandwich
Location: 3000 Green Mountain Drive - in a plaza in front of Stone Castle Resort
Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday
Take Note: also serves a limited-menu lunch -- it’s all about the cinnamon rolls -- there is an actual Grandma Ruth who often bakes at the restaurant -- can get busy -- live music on select dates
Location: 1 Opportunity Avenue, Point Lookout - Hollister, just a couple minutes south of Branson
Hours: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Sunday brunch only
Take Note: very popular, reservations strongly recommended (call 417.690.2146) -- lunch and dinner served throughout the week -- farm-to-table food that’s largely grown and produced by students on campus -- free tours of campus work sites -- lodging available in Keeter Center -- the entire campus, including all of the Keeter Center, is alcohol-free and not allowed on-site
6. McFarlain’s Family Restaurant: Ozark Omelettes -- Biscuits & Gravy -- Granny’s Cinnamon Roll -- All-You-Can-Eat Pancakes -- Ozark Mountain Skillet -- Belgian Waffle
Location: IMAX Entertainment Complex - 3562 Shepherd of the Hills Expressway
Hours: 8:00 a.m to 8:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday -- 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Friday & Saturday -- 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Sunday -- Breakfast is served from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
7. Revive Juice Company: Raw Cold-Pressed Juice -- Smoothies -- Latte -- Cappuccino -- Juice Bar -- Creamy Avocado Gourmet Toast -- Berry Nutella Gourmet Toast -- Smoothie Bowls
Location: 204 North Commercial Street - Suite 200 - in Historic Downtown Branson
Hours: 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday -- 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Sunday
Take Note: juices and smoothies contain no added sugars or concentrates -- located in a small mall-type building with a curved roof -- offers a complete juice cleanse -- opening a location in Texas soon
8. Yummy Donuts: Crafted & Baked-on-Site Donuts -- Ham, Egg & Cheese Croissant -- Hot Breakfast Entrees -- Cinnamon Rolls -- Danish -- Pastries -- Gourmet Coffee
Location: 15735 US Highway 160 - in neighboring Forsyth, Missouri - just 15 scenic minutes from Branson
Hours: 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday
Take Note: also serves lunch & dinner -- hand-dipped ice cream -- free WiFi -- small dining area -- owners/bakers in restaurant and serving customers daily
Here are 6 fabulous breakfast spots included in our post “Branson’s 10 Best Diners - Finding Comfort Food Favorites!” - follow the post link for details on all six, and the links on each restaurant name for their listing on our sister site, dinebranson.com:
9. Billygail’s Cafe: Tasty, made-from-scratch pancakes; regulars call ‘em “hubcap” pancakes - ‘nuff said!
10. Branson Cafe: Hearty, homestyle breakfast foods and a bakery counter to die for - a Branson gem!
11. Clocker’s Cafe: A favorite among locals - get the biscuits and gravy, trust us!
12. Donnie’s Diner: A true “diner” style experience on your way to the lake - not for “waist” watchers!
13. Farmhouse Restaurant: A downtown landmark, we say have dessert for breakfast, Blackberry Cobbler!
14. Hungry Hunter: The name says it all...arrive really hungry, you’ll get big servings with lots of big flavor!
Here’s a list of another 9 places for fillin’ up in the morning; these are all national brand, full-service restaurants, as well as a couple of popular donut joints for grabbing a quick treat and a hot - or iced - cup of joe:
15. Bob Evans - 801 West Main Street - where Highway 76 intersects with Highway 65
16. Cracker Barrel - 3765 West Highway 76 - near the intersection with Shepherd of the Hills Expressway (accessible from behind via a side street - Little Pete Road - off SOH)
17. Denny’s - 2335 West Highway 76 - near the intersection with Tanger Boulevard - next door to Krispy Kreme
18. Golden Corral - (breakfast buffet Saturday & Sunday at 8:00 a.m.) - 3551 Shepherd of the Hills Expressway
20. IHOP - 1055 Highway 376 - where Highway 76 intersects with Shepherd of the Hills Expressway
21. Krispy Kreme - 150 Tanger Boulevard - facing Highway 76 - next door to Denny’s
Of course, nearly every hotel or resort in Branson offers a free breakfast, or has dining facilities on-site, but sometimes you want a great big breakfast plate, or a wide selection of waffles and pancakes, or just to get out and try something new and unique that you can’t find back home. When you’re ready to get away and enjoy a show…”Branson, Where Live Entertainment Variety Will Spice Up Your Vacation!” Or maybe visit one of the best attractions in the area: “Branson’s Best Attractions - Titanic Museum Attraction - Top 10 Things to Know!” -- “Branson’s Best Attractions - Ripley’s Believe It Or Not! - Top 10 Things to Know!” -- “Branson’s Best Attractions - Showboat Branson Belle - Top 10 Things to Know!”
If you’re planning a visit and need some help: “Branson - 11 Good Things to Know Before You Go!” or need to save some money: “FREE in Branson - 20 of the Best No-Cost Things to Do!” See all of our Travel Guide posts at BransonShowTickets.com.