With a variety of shows holding Christmas performances well after the December 25th holiday...attractions keeping millions of bright, beautiful lights aglow...and special events planned for December 31st, what other destination is more prepared for bidding a fond farewell to 2018 and a great big “hello” to 2019 than your favorite place in the whole wide world? The answer is NONE...Branson is the place you’ll want to be for a fun, festive, and full-out friendly and fun-loving experience that’s truly unforgettable!
So, you ask, what’s on the agenda for Branson on New Year’s Eve? Well, there’s a variety of options, from those exclusively designed for a 21-plus crowd, to those keeping their family-friendly style of entertainment intact throughout the evening. We’re sharing events that include a champagne toast and cash bars, as well as those welcoming the new year with sparkling juice -- the only missing ingredient in every one of these events is you...and your family, your friends, your neighbors...well, you get the idea, the more the merrier! Get ready to get your celebration on in Branson at any of these big events:
1. Clay Cooper & The Haygoods: This hugely popular annual event, combining two of Branson’s favorite shows, delivers a double punch of holiday happiness with Clay-Goods Jambor-Eve! The evening includes performances by both Clay Cooper’s Country Express and The Haygoods, as well as a fabulous finale with both acts. The evening also features hors d’oeuvres, a cash bar, and a balloon drop accompanied by a non-alcoholic toast. And, if all that’s not enough, there will be prize giveaways, as well as party favors that include hats, blowers, and a surprise (don’t you just love surprises?) It’s going to be an evening full of fun, food, and frivolity, with a fantastic blast of a send-off for 2018!
Schedule: Doors open at 7:30 p.m. - Haygoods perform at 8:30 p.m. - Intermission with hors d'oeuvres and cash bar at 9:30 p.m. - Clay Cooper’s Country Express performs at 10:50 p.m. - Finale performance with both acts is at 11:50 p.m. - Happy New Year toast is at Midnight
Location: Clay Cooper Theatre - 3216 West Highway 76 (a.k.a. Country Music Boulevard or The Strip)
Menu: Your Clay-Goods Jambor-Eve menu - Vegetables with Ranch Dip, Marinated Green Bean Bundles, Bourbon Glazed Meatballs, and BBQ Sliced Brisket Served with Rolls
2. Hamners’ New Year’s Eve Fiesta: If that sounds like an evening full of fun, that’s because it is...plus some! An extended performance of Hamners’ Unbelievable Variety Show, scrumptious food catered by Springfield, Missouri’s first, and still its favorite, the Mexican Villa (this is where Brad Pitt likes to dine when he’s in town visiting family!) Contests, games, prizes, party favors, and an exciting laser show countdown to the New Year - all of this, combined with the magical talent of award-winning magicians, Dave and Denise Hamner, and you’ve got the New Year’s Eve celebration to beat all celebrations!
Schedule: Dinner is served at 8:00 p.m. - show begins at 9:00 p.m.
Location: Hamners’ Variety Theatre - 3090 Shepherd of the Hills Expressway
Menu: Holiday spread catered by Mexican Villa
3. Legends in Concert: Nothing in Branson is more “legendary” than the brilliant Legends in Concert, and their New Year’s Eve show is no exception! You’ll discover an evening full of music, munchies, and merriment galore, with performances by Legends’ artists The Blues Brothers, Michael Jackson, Alan Jackson, and Elvis, with a special appearance by the incomparable Cher! Event packages come with a boxed meal, and there is a variety of seating and price options. It’s going to be a New Year’s Eve show of legendary proportions, which means it’ll sell out fast - don’t procrastinate, hesitate, or wait, make those reservations now!
Schedule: Evening begins at 8:30 p.m. - show begins at 9:30 p.m.
Location: Dick Clark’s American Bandstand Theater - 1600 West Highway 76 (a.k.a. Country Music Boulevard or The Strip)
Menu: Meal depends on package purchased, but typically includes a delicious boxed dinner.
4. Chateau on the Lake: One of Branson’s premier resort properties, the Chateau is famous for hosting a spectacular year-ending event of epic proportions! Live music from Kelsie & Santino with the All Stars, dancing, a three-course dinner from Chef Millman, available lodging packages that include a late checkout, party favors, a cash bar, and a midnight balloon drop - what more could you possibly want? How about a spectacular fireworks display? Yep, the Chateau is pulling out all the stops to give you a great start to the New Year! For those wishing a more low-key celebration, make plans to dine at the Chateau Grille with a five-course special meal, followed by an evening with DeVaughn Pershing on piano in the Library Lounge and party favors at midnight. (The party event is for adults only - 21 years-of-age and up.)
Schedule: Party event begins at 7:00 p.m. with hors d'oeuvres and a cocktail hour that includes two drink tickets to use at the cash bar - a three-course dinner is served at 8:00 p.m. - music and dancing begins at 9:00 p.m. - champagne toast, party favors, and the balloon drop happens at 12:00 a.m., followed by fireworks.
Location: Chateau on the Lake Resort, Spa & Convention Center - 415 North State Highway 165
Menu: For dinner at The Grille (not the party): Winter Salad with Spring Mix, Crumbled Goat Cheese, Dried Apricots, Cranberries, Candied Pecans with Raspberry Vinaigrette - Blackened 6oz Filet with a Scallop & Shrimp Skewer - Truffle & Chive Whipped Mashed Potatoes - Roasted Root Vegetables - Parsnips, Rutabaga, Carrots - Sundried Tomato Cream
Pricing: Reception/Dinner/Dance Party: $150 per person - with Overnight Stay: starts at $475 per couple - Dance Only Admission: $60 per couple (includes champagne toast & balloon drop) Drink Bracelets: $50 per person (includes unlimited beverage service from 8:00 p.m. to Midnight)
5. Fritz’s Adventure: A family-friendly adventure for New Year’s Eve! You’ll have the run of the fun-filled facility - that’s 80,000 square feet of climbing, zipping, and exploring to your heart’s content. You’ll also enjoy giveaways - there’ll be more than $1,500 in prizes! What a wonderfully unique way to say Auld Lang Syne to 2018 and “hello” to 2019!
Schedule: Event begins at 8:00 p.m. and concludes at 12:30 a.m. - Giveaways begin at 10:00 p.m. (must be present to win)
Location: 1425 West Highway 76 (a.k.a. Country Music Boulevard or The Strip)
Pricing: $20.19 per person
6. Americana Theater’s All Star New Year’s Eve: Not one...not two...but three big Branson shows will be performing at this holiday bash! Celebrate 2018 and welcome 2019 with C.J. Newsom and her saucy sidekick, comedian Terry Sanders, from their show, C.J. Newsom’s Classic Country & Comedy, along with the star of the Janice Martin Cirque Show, and #1 Hits of the 60s (& 50s, Too) headliners, Michael Frost and Kaylee Ruden. Whoa, that’s a whole lot of talent on one stage! You’ll enjoy food from Big D’s BBQ, recently voted the Best Of Branson in a nationwide survey, as well as a champagne toast at midnight.
Schedule: The evening begins with food at 8:00 p.m. - and the show at 9:00 p.m. - toast at Midnight
Location: 2905 West Highway 76 (a.k.a. Country Music Boulevard or The Strip)
Menu: Barbecue specialties from Big D’s BBQ
7. Silver Dollar City’s New Year’s Eve Celebration: Yep, Branson’s biggest attraction is hosting an end-of-year event like only Silver Dollar City can! It’s an evening full of entertainment, including popular 80s tribute band, Members Only, the clever musical antics of The Cleverlys, the music and comedy of Biff Barker’s New Year’s Radio Show, and the sleight-of-hand magic of the masterful Chad Chesmark. And, of course, you can enjoy strolling throughout the park and marveling at the brilliance of millions of lights! It’s two days full of music, comedy, magic, dancing, and more - yes!
Schedule: Last days of An Old Time Christmas: December 26 & 27 - 11:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. December 28, 29 & 30 - 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. New Year’s Eve Celebration: December 31 & January 1 - 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Location: Silver Dollar City theme park - 399 Silver Dollar City Parkway (on Table Rock Lake’s Indian Point)
8. Main Street Lake Cruises’ New Year’s Eve Cruise: Two fantastic experiences offered by the only cruise attraction on Lake Taneycomo! A relaxing two-hour cruise on a luxury yacht with a delicious dinner is available on New Year’s Eve at 5:45 p.m. At 9:00 p.m., the evening becomes all about the party side of this most unique of all holidays, with a cruise designed for adults, including DJ Valance spinning great tunes, hors d’oeuvres, party favors, a cash bar, a midnight champagne toast, and more.
Schedule: The dinner cruise begins at 5:45 p.m. - an adults-only cruise begins at 9:00 p.m. (Remember to arrive at least 30 minutes in advance of cruise time - if you miss the boat, well, you miss the boat!)
Location: Main Street Marina at 9 South Boardwalk - the marina floats on Lake Taneycomo between Branson Landing and the Lake Taneycomo Bridge in Historic Downtown Branson
Menu: For the dinner cruise: Fresh Dinner Salad, Prime Rib - 12 oz slow-roasted with Roasted Garlic Potatoes, and Bacon Garlic Brussels Sprouts OR Stuffed Chicken Breast - stuffed with Sauteed Spinach and Feta Cheese and topped with Garlic Cream Sauce, served with Roasted Garlic Potatoes, and Bacon Garlic Brussels Sprouts - both options finish with New York Style Cheesecake with Strawberry Compote.
9. Keeter Center at College of the Ozarks: Easily one of the area’s favorite places to eat - if you’re visiting and a local doesn’t tell you about the Keeter Center it’s because they want it to be their best-kept secret! For December 31, they’ll be hosting an amazing dinner - one of their famous farm-to-fork experiences delivered in four courses, followed by live music, dancing, and a sparkling cider toast to 2019! They source much of their food on-site at the College as part of the school’s work-for-an-education and its culinary program - the popularity of every special event here means they sell out quickly - you may already be too late for their 2018 experience, so make a note to call early next year!
Schedule: Evening of December 31
Location: Dobyn’s Dining Room in the Keeter Center at College of the Ozarks - 1 Opportunity Drive at Point Lookout, just a couple of minutes south of Branson in Hollister.
Menu: Appetizer - Smokehouse Seafood Ceviche: Marinated & Grilled Shrimp with Smoked Baby Scallops, Mixed with a Red Pepper Vinaigrette and Fried Clams - Duck Confit Johnny Cakes - Southwestern Corn Cakes Topped with Shredded Duck Confit, Pickled Carrot Slaw, and Campus-made Jalapeno Jelly Salad - Prosciutto and Asparagus Salad: Chilled Asparagus & Prosciutto Bundle with Lemon Poppy Seed Vinaigrette & Buttered Herb Croutons Entrée Selections - All entrees are served with Brown Butter and Sorghum-Glazed Brussels Sprouts and a Choice of Roasted Garlic Mash or Steakhouse-Seasoned Baked Potato - Filet with Sauce Stroganoff: Twin Filets Mignons paired with a Rich Mushroom Demi-Glace & Lattice-Cut Potato Crisp -
Crab Crusted Chicken: All natural Roast Chicken Breast topped with a Classic Crab Stuffing & Tomato Beurre Blanc - Pistachio Crusted Salmon: Seared Salmon with a Pistachio Crust, topped with Coconut Curry Sauce & Crispy Pork Belly - Dessert: Rich and decadent Chocolate Cheesecake in a Pop Tart Crust with a Strawberry Meringue & Crème Caramel
Pricing: $55 per person
10. Big Cedar Lodge: The beauty of this Johnny Morris-made (founder of Bass Pro Shops) piece of Ozarks heaven is known for rustic-luxury lodging, a gorgeous landscape that only Mother Nature can offer, and some of the finest food you’ll find in this corner of Missouri - and everything guests love about Big Cedar is elevated a notch for special events and holidays - New Year’s Eve is no exception! For youngsters ages 4 through 12, there’s a jungle-themed party with dinner, snacks, face painting, games, balloon art, and fantastic fun. For teens from 13 to 17, the party is masquerade-themed and offers a three-course meal, snacks, and even a “mock” tail bar! This Fun Mountain event also has laser tag, spin zone, arcade games, flip zone, and a climbing wall available. Now, for the biggest kids, (21 and up,) there’s a five-course meal at the incredible Worman House, along with a live band and a midnight champagne toast.
Schedule: Festivities begin at 7:00 p.m. and run until 12:30 a.m.
Location: Big Cedar Lodge in Ridgedale, just 10 minutes south of Branson. The Jungle party for kids will be held in the Kid’s Nature Center of Fun Mountain. The teen’s Masquerade party will take place in the Table Rock Room. The adult’s dinner and party will take place in Big Cedar’s most memorable building - the Worman House.
11. Pierce Arrow: One of Branson’s longest running and most popular shows presents a New Year’s Eve event for everyone who loves shows! The legendary performers from Pierce Arrow, several guest artists, and more than a generous dose of laughter headlines an evening of music, games, giveaways, hors d’oeuvres, party favors, and a live countdown to the New Year with a huge balloon drop.
Schedule: The evening’s activities begin at 9:00 p.m.
Location: The Pierce Arrow Theatre at 3069 Shepherd of the Hills Expressway
12. Hughes Brothers - From Christmas to New Year’s Eve: The biggest family to take the stage in Branson throughout the year brings their family-full-of-friendliness to this glorious end-of-year holiday! Guests will enjoy both the Hughes Brothers’ Music Show and the Hughes Brothers' Christmas Show. There will be a delightful dinner prior to the show, as well as a dance, fun noisemakers and light-ups, a midnight balloon drop, and loads of laughter.
Schedule: Family-friendly festivities begin at 9:00 p.m.
Location: Hughes Brothers Theatre - 3425 West Highway 76 (a.k.a. Country Music Boulevard or The Strip)
13. Castle Rock Resort & Waterpark: This kids-choice resort property (there’s an indoor waterpark, so of course kids love it) hosts an annual New Year’s Eve event filled with food served buffet style, a DJ, karaoke, party favors, a professional photo booth, prizes, and a midnight beach ball drop, all wrapped up in a wonderful waterpark!
Schedule: The event begins at 9:00 p.m. and wraps up at 1:00 a.m.
Location: You’ll find Castle Rock Resort & Waterpark at 3001 Green Mountain Drive
Pricing: $30 per person
If 13 big events seems like a lot, it is! If you want more options, guess what? Branson has them! Several shows will be playing on December 31, some with New Year’s Eve themed performances, others with their regular and/or Christmas season shows. You can see these shows (not previously featured above) on Monday, December 31:
All Crazy ‘bout Patsy: 5:00 p.m.
Amazing Acrobats of Shanghai: 3:00 and 8:00 p.m.
Dolly Parton’s Stampede Dinner Show: 5:30 and 8:00 p.m.
Grand Jubilee at Grand Country Music Hall: 9:00 p.m.
Motown Downtown Tribute: 7:00 p.m.
Showboat Branson Belle: 4:00 and 8:00 p.m. (8:00 p.m. special event is currently SOLD OUT)
For information on what’s happening with shows in Branson during the second half of December, you’ll find a helpful schedule here: “Christmas in Branson - 44 Exciting Shows with Extended Holiday Schedules!”
As you can clearly see, there’s no better place to ring in the New Year than Branson, Missouri!