Headed to Branson this week? We hope so, because we’ve got some great shows for you to see! If not, no worries, these are resident shows, meaning they have performance dates throughout much of the year. For this week - #15 - in our series, we’ve got big variety for you - a tribute to a country queen, a performer who is truly one-of-a-kind, a tribute that’s “taking care of business,” and some music from America’s heartland! As we’ve mentioned, these are Branson-based shows with extended schedules throughout the year, so if you’re not in town for the coming week, you can nab some great seats during your next visit.
In this weekly series, we talk about shows, attractions, activities, and more - everything we’re sure you’ll love about Branson...check us out every Sunday to see what we’re lovin’ lately!
Here, in alphabetical order, is What We Love in Branson This Week:
All Crazy ‘bout Patsy: Veteran performer, Alice Faye, does a great job of reminding us why we continue to love the incomparable Patsy Cline.
3 Reasons Why We Love All Crazy ‘bout Patsy
1. Simple...it’s Patsy! She may have been a country singer, but a fan of any kind of music has a favorite Patsy song - her music has that kind of across-all-genres appeal.
2. Unforgettable songs! “Back in Baby’s Arms,” “Walkin’ After Midnight,” “I Fall to Pieces,” and the Willie Nelson-penned, “Crazy,” are just a few of the classics we can listen to over and over again.
3. Faye’s got the chops! The songs can only be as good as the singer sharing them, and Alice Faye proves that she’s more than up to the Patsy challenge!
Schedule this week: Monday, June 18 - Tuesday, June 19 - Wednesday, June 20 at 5:00 p.m.
Location: Hot Hits Theatre in Historic Downtown Branson
Heartland Country: Country music has become a genre with a wide variety of sounds, but when you really want a country fix, nothing beats the classics!
3 Reasons Why We Love Heartland Country
1. Veteran artists! Incredible and well-known singers, Splinter Middleton and Casey Ellison, bring experienced vocals to the production, and Splinter makes sure we all get to share lots of belly-achin’ laughs!
2. New faces! Joining the familiar artists are two fabulous newcomers to the Branson scene - Logan Allen and Kaylie Adams. These two may be relatively new to the theater community, but they both have family roots that run deep here, so they know how to make Branson guests happy!
3. Great live band! The backbone to every good classic country show is a strong band; this one includes two very familiar Branson entertainment family names - Robbie Blackwood and Todd Brumley.
Schedule this week: Monday, June 18 - Tuesday, June 19 - Thursday, June 21 at 7:30 p.m.
Location: Jim Stafford Theatre
Janice Martin Cirque Show: Literally one-of-a-kind, not something you’ll often hear about an artist, but that’s exactly what Janice Martin is - do you know another acrobatic aerial violinist?
3 Reasons Why We Love The Janice Martin Cirque Show
1. Visually stunning! It’s a sensational sight to watch her playing the violin while threading her body in, around, and seemingly right through the flowing silks - and that’s just one of the show’s features that’s truly stunning.
2. So multi-talented! Violinist, acrobat, singer - and this Julliard-trained Army veteran has even more skills - it’s almost like she’s super-human!
3. What a resume! She’s performed for the White House - she’s been on the Discovery and History Channels and NBC’s America’s Got Talent - and Janice Martin has been a guest soloist with the Philadelphia and European Union Chamber orchestras, and with symphonies in Milwaukee, Seattle, Detroit, Houston, Atlanta, Edmonton, and the list goes on.
Schedule this week: Tuesday, June 19 - Wednesday, June 20 - Saturday, June 23 at 2:00 p.m. and Thursday, June 21 at 10:00 a.m.
Location: Starlite Theatre
Jerry Presley - Elvis Live: Presley delivers memorable re-creations of the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll’s most unforgettable shows.
3 Reasons Why We Love Jerry Presley - Elvis Live
1. That family connection! Who better to pay tribute to a real legend than real family? Cousin to the King, Jerry Presley shows us that true talent does run in the family!
2. Iconic concerts! Two of Elvis Presley’s most unforgettable performances were his Madison Square Gardens’ concert in 1972, and his Aloha from Hawaii special - Jerry expertly shares both with thrilled audiences!
3. He’s paid his music dues! Jerry Presley didn’t just wake up one day deciding to sing the music of Elvis, he spent years working with some of the best, including Billy Dean, George Jones, Tammy Wynette, Barbara Mandrell, Tanya Tucker, and Lou Rawls, among many other music greats.
Schedule this week: Monday, June 18 - Wednesday, June 20 - Saturday, June 23 at 8:00 p.m.
Location: Jerry Presley’s God & Country Theatres
We’re hoping you love these four fabulous Branson shows as much as we do! Call us at 877-688-3179 and we’ll get you the best available seats and save you money - whether you’re here in town this week, or planning a future visit, we’ve got your tickets!