Summer is traditionally a favorite time for family travel, and more and more families are discovering that Branson is the place for summertime family fun! Sure, lots of destinations have kid-friendly attractions, still others feature several family-centered activities, and still more focus on great family dining and shopping, but there’s one Midwest destination that offers all these things and then some, and that’s beautiful, hospitable, and fiercely family-focused Branson, Missouri!
Now that you’re ready to bring the family to Branson, we’ll share a few of our favorite family-fantastic things to do in one of America’s top destinations for keeping the whole gang entertained! In no particular order, we highly recommend that you add one, two, or all ten of these activities to your itinerary:
1. White Water: Slide, ride, glide, and just try to hide the big smile on your face at White Water! Loaded with thrilling slides, like KaPau Plummet and Kalani Towers, and little-kid friendly features like Splashaway Cay, you won’t find any place that offers more wonderful wet fun than Branson’s White Water!
2. Fritz’s Adventure: There’s really no Branson adventure quite like a Fritz’s Adventure, and one visit is all you’ll need to be convinced! Open year-round, the climbing, zipping, swinging, freefalling, and overall amped up thrills you’ll encounter at Fritz’s makes it a must-do for families!
3. Branson’s Famous Old Time Photos: Branson’s brimming with old time photo shops -- for an authentic vintage photo experience with a nice selection of costumes, props, and sets, bring the kids (costumes are available in a range of sizes) to Branson’s Famous Old Time Photos. Guest favorites include the saloon and gangster pics, the perfect opportunity to add a little family-friendly naughty to your nice family portrait! (Make sure you find the right shop - it shares a Highway 76 plaza with Papa John’s and Jimmy John’s.)
4. Silver Dollar City: No list of summer fun experiences would be complete without the granddaddy of all Branson attractions, the award-winning Silver Dollar City theme park! Coasters like Wildfire, Outlaw Run, and the record-breaking spin coaster thrills of the new Time Traveler, along with gentler rides, sensational food and shopping, live music, and more, make this park a must-do for every family’s summer visit to Branson! (Silver Dollar City’s Star-Spangled Summer Festival runs from June 9 through July 22.)
5. Mini-Golf: Another activity that comes in abundant numbers in Branson is mini-golf, and you’ll find courses everywhere! There are many to choose from, but some courses rise above the norm, including Grand Country’s Farm 18-Hole Mini-Golf. Full size farm animals, a windmill, horse barn, chicken coop, and even an outhouse, all highlighted with fun sound effects and animation, make this visit to the family farm a whole lot of family fun!
6. Table Rock Lake: A big, beautiful, clean lake that’s perfect for water sports and other super-soaked activities. For ideal access to this big expanse of sun-warmed water, State Park Marina fills your prescription to a Table Rock “T!” Slide boats, pontoons, and waverunners are available for rent in four (4) hour and eight (8) hour segments (waverunners are also available for two (2) hours.)
7. through 10. Talk to the Animals: Love animals? So do we! Branson has an impressive array of attractions that offer an up-close-and-personal experience with scores of friendly critters. You and the kids will love Branson’s Promised Land Zoo, the Butterfly Palace & Rainforest Adventure, Branson’s Wild World, and the Amazing Pets show at Grand Country Music Hall - choose one or choose them all!
This list may be limited to ten fantastic family-fun favorites, but this by no means includes everything Branson has to offer... Ride The Ducks, Branson Dinosaur Museum, Hollywood Wax Museum, Ripley’s Believe It Or Not, Dolly Parton’s Stampede, Shepherd of the Hills ATVs and Inspiration Tower, Runaway Mountain Coaster, National Tiger Sanctuary, the World’s Largest Toy Museum, Branson Zipline, The Track Family Fun Parks, the Branson Ferris Wheel, and so on, so forth, and so much fun to be had that the list is nearly endless! And you know what that means...just one summer visit isn’t nearly enough for your family to take advantage of all the big family fun to be had!
For help planning your perfectly fun family visit this summer, give us a call at 877-688-3179!