St. James Winery offers the Midwest’s most awarded wines, and Branson is making it easy for you to pick them up by the case, and have a little dinner and a lot of fun while you’re at it! If you haven’t been here lately, or you haven’t yet found your way to what’s becoming Branson’s own winery section of town, the St. James brand has established its first location outside it’s home-base - the city of St. James. This beautiful winery property in Branson has been open just about a year now, and it not only stocks a wide variety of award-winning wines, it’s the area’s only winery with a full-service restaurant on-site. Guests of St. James are also enjoying the lovely outdoor area; with a beautiful water feature, this nice little spot in the winery’s spacious backyard affords some privacy right in the heart of Branson’s Entertainment District, as well as patio dining, bocce ball courts, live entertainment on select evenings, and more.
The list of St. James wines that have earned awards from a variety of associations and organizations is extensive, in fact, it takes a bit of searching through the available wines to find one that hasn’t been recognized, and the drink menu offerings at the Branson location are all award-winners! Loyal connoisseurs of the brand are especially partial to the fruit wines; the delicious tastes offered with the St. James fruit lines are a perfect choice for the beginner or novice consumer, offering friendly flavors like Strawberry, Cherry, Raspberry, and Blackberry. For wine lovers out there who consider themselves more of an expert, don’t let the “beginner” tag scare you away from experiencing the joy of a St. James fruit wine - there’s a reason these flavors are so popular with customers and judges alike!
Come into St. James for the wines, but make sure you stay for the food! The restaurant at the winery is exceptional - it’s not just an added feature - it could easily stand alone and compete with some of Branson’s best places to dine. Pick any item from the menu and you can a long list of guests who’ll call it their favorite, so we’ll help you out a little by suggesting the following for your first visit:
- For starters, you must try the St. James Goat Cheese Stuffed Apricots! They’re wrapped in bacon and served warm with a balsamic glaze drizzle...trust us on this one!
- Feeling like it’s a “salad” day? You can’t go wrong with the Pesto Chicken Caesar - pesto chicken breast with fresh romaine, served with a made-from-scratch Caesar dressing. Both the recommended appetizer and this salad pair quite well with the St. James Friendship White.
- Have that fresh salad with a hearty sandwich - the Club Master - it’s nicely layered with smoked turkey and ham, accompanied by garden fresh red onion, avocado, lettuce, and tomato - and, of course, what’s a Club without some nice crisp bacon? Roasted garlic and black pepper aioli is added to this meaty masterpiece that’s served on sourdough...mouth watering yet? It will be once you taste it with St. James’ Country Red!
- If you prefer your sandwich wrap-style, go for the Nutty Chick - house-made honey walnut chicken salad comes with a fresh spring mix in a garlic herb wrap - it’s a thing of beauty when paired with the Pink Catawba!
- And then there’s the phenomenal Signature Brick Oven Pizza! Popular options include the BBQ Bacon Chicken Sensation, a perfect meal when paired with either the Country Red or the Elusive IPA craft beer...but why choose? You can order the wine and your dinner guest can opt for the beer, then you can have a taste of both!
Regardless of what you order, you can rest assured it’ll be molto delizioso! And make sure you don’t leave St. James without doing three important things...exploring the wonderful gift shop, getting a case of wine to take home, and making plans for your next visit!