February may not be a typical month for a vacation or quick getaway, unless you’re headed to an exotic island somewhere. But you really want to go to Branson, and this is the best time to get away from work...so, what’s there to do in Branson in February? Plenty, that’s what! Sure, Branson enjoys a four-season climate, but the winter season here is usually pretty mild; no worries about getting around the streets in your car, or catching a flight straight to Branson, or maybe nearby Springfield...that takes care of any concerns about travel, so what’s available for entertainment in February? Well, have we got a list for you! (For more information on transportation to, from, and while you’re in Branson, check this out: “Branson MO Transportation - Get to Branson and Get Around While You’re Here!”)
1. Indoor Water Parks: Yep, Branson actually has several lodging properties with indoor water parks! You can stay in one of these resorts that offer their water park as part of a lodging package - the Welk Resort and Castle Rock Resort & Waterpark, or you can choose to stay at the Grand Country Resort right on Branson’s famous Strip; they offer water park deals, or you can just purchase a day pass to enjoy the water park even if you’re not staying at the resort.
Location: Follow the links attached to each resort name for an address and more information on the property.
February Schedule: All resorts mentioned are open year-round - hours for their water parks may vary by season.
Make sure you check out...Castle Rock’s arcade/game room, Welk’s Stage Door restaurant, and Grand Country’s theater with live shows, as well as the indoor mini-golf, laser tag, and more!
2. Indoor Pools: Maybe you don’t want a whole “park” full of water; Branson has many hotels boasting nice indoor swimming pools, including Grand Oaks Hotel, The Barrington (one of Branson’s deepest indoor pools,) Grand Plaza Hotel, Hotel Grand Victorian, Hilton at the Convention Center and Branson Landing (Hilton Promenade,) Best Western Center Pointe Inn and Music Capital Inn, The Radisson (a unique indoor/outdoor pool,) and Stone Castle Hotel & Conference Center, where you’ll find two indoor pools and other entertainment features.
Location: Follow the links attached to each hotel name for an address and more information on the property.
February Schedule: All hotels mentioned are open year-round, and have generous pools hours.
Make sure you check out...the nice indoor hot tubs at Barrington, Radisson, Grand Oaks, and both Best Westerns, the great top floor restaurant and lounge at Grand Plaza, and the multiple options for indoor entertainment at both Hiltons, Hotel Grand Victorian, and Stone Castle.
3. Fritz’s Adventure: It’s almost everything thing you love about activities in the great outdoors, hosted in a cozy, climate-controlled, 80,000 square foot facility. Zip, climb, rapel, slide, tunnel, jump, and have the time of your life!
Location: 1425 West Highway 76
February Schedule: Friday & Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Sunday & Thursday: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Presidents Day Monday: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Make sure you check out...the really cool, and airworthy, suspended airplane!
4. Branson Zipline Snowflex Tubing Hill: Branson doesn’t see much snow, but that doesn’t mean you can’t go sliding down a big hill! This 60 by 400 foot slope is the latest addition to the Branson Zipline complex, and it’s the perfect thrill experience for families year-round!
Location: 2339 US Highway 65 in Walnut Shade (less than 10 minutes north of Branson)
February Schedule: Friday through Tuesday: 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Make sure you check out...bringing your little ones - ages 3 to 5 can still enjoy the hill by riding on a tube with you! (Ages 6 and up can ride on their own.)
5. Ozark Off-Road ATV Adventure: Tour the beautiful Branson countryside on an ATV - and this is genuine terrain, no black-topped trails here - you’ll get a bit dirty and have a great time doing it!
Location: Shepherd of the Hills Adventure Park - 5586 West Highway 76 - same location as Shepherd of the Hills Homestead
February Schedule: Wednesday through Sunday: 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. tour times
Make sure you check out...this exclusive look at a landscape few visiting Branson ever see - sure, it’s fun to race along the trails, but don’t forget to appreciate your surroundings!
6. Inspiration Tower: There’s only one 240-foot vantage point in Branson offering a 360 degree view of the Ozarks, and that’s at the top of the iconic Inspiration Tower! Newly renovated and boasting the most stunning views available!
Location: The historic Shepherd of the Hills Homestead - 5586 West Highway 76 - same location as Shepherd of the Hills Adventure Park
February Schedule: Sunday through Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (closes at 4:00 p.m. on Monday and Tuesday)
Make sure you check out...the first floor gift shop - lots of neat souvenirs and other items.
7. Explore a museum: A recent post will give you plenty of details about the wide variety of museums Branson has to offer: “Branson’s Museums - Fun and Fascinating Inside and Out!”
Location: Please refer to museum post.
February Schedule: Please refer to museum post.
Make sure you check out...every museum’s exterior - unless it’s a day full of heavy rain, spend a few minutes enjoying the unique features outside each museum; most of them offer irresistible photo opps!
8. See a movie: You can go the traditional route and catch a flick at one of Branson’s two multi-screen complexes, where Hollywood’s latest releases can be seen at multiple times throughout the day. We highly recommend the IMAX big screen adventure, Ozarks Legacy & Legend, a fascinating tale of life in the Ozarks in the early 1800s.
Location: IMAX Entertainment Complex - houses both the IMAX screen and a multi-screen movie theater - 3562 Shepherd of the Hills Expressway. The other movie theater complex is the Branson Meadows Cinemas at 4740 Gretna Road in the Shoppes at Branson Meadows.
February Schedule: Ozarks Legacy & Legend runs at 11:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. - days/dates will vary.
Make sure you check out...the rest of the complex at IMAX, including several gifts shops and homestyle cookin’ at McFarlain’s Family Restaurant. There’s a great comic book store and fabulous Tuesday Morning store at Branson Meadows.
9. Visit the Butterfly Palace & Rainforest Adventure: This isn’t an antiquated exhibit of butterflies pinned to paper - this is a stunningly beautiful world of free-flying, fluttering wings of beauty everywhere the eye can see! Experience the Banyan Tree Bungee Adventure, the Living Rainforest Science Center, a journey through the Emerald Forest Mirror Maze, and unlimited access to the Exotic Butterfly Aviary - all under one roof.
Location: 4106 West Highway 76 (just past where 76 intersects with Shepherd of the Hills Expressway)
February Schedule: Open year-round 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily
Make sure you check out...the Critter Encounters, giving you a chance to interact with the many lizards, frogs, and other live creatures that call this Palace their home.
10. Indulge in pizza and games under one roof: Branson has not one, but two huge pizza houses that feature sizable arcades/game rooms - Cicis and Pizza Ranch - giving you an option in two different areas of town.
Location: Cicis can be found at 3460 West Highway 76 - and the Pizza Ranch is at 1464 Highway 248.
February Schedule: Pizza Ranch - Monday - Friday: lunch from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and dinner from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Saturday & Sunday: dinner from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Cicis - daily from 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Make sure you check out...the chicken at Pizza Ranch, they call it “The Country’s Best Chicken,” and loyal guests just call it “delicious!” Try the new “pan pizza” at Cicis!
11. Discover Missouri’s most awarded winery - St. James Winery & Restaurant: Don’t whine - drink wine! With complimentary tastings, a great gift shop, a pretty and private courtyard area that’s open on nice weather days, and one of the area’s best restaurants, Missouri’s most awarded winery is fast becoming Branson’s favorite!
Location: 405 Missouri Highway 165 - just a block from Highway 76
February Schedule: Friday & Saturday: 12:00 noon to 7:00 p.m. - the restaurant hours can vary, so check in advance of your visit. Restaurant open Thursday, Friday, & Saturday for Valentine's Day.
Make sure you check out...any of their fruit wines, but especially Blackberry - St. James has long been famous for this tasty treat - yum!
12. Last, but very far from least - duh, see a Branson show, of course! Many of Branson’s shows maintain a seasonal schedule from April through December, but more and more are staying open year-round, or opening their annual season in February. Shows playing in February: All Crazy ‘bout Patsy, Amazing Pets, Branson Country USA, Branson Murder Mystery Dinner Show, Comedy Jamboree, Creedence Clearwater Revival Tribute, Dolly Parton’s Stampede, Eagles Tribute - Take It To The Limit, George Jones & Friends - Keepin’ Country Alive, Grand Jubilee, Haygoods, Hughes Music Show, Legends in Concert, Motown Downtown Tribute, Petersen Family Bluegrass Band, Sons of Britches, and Reza - Edge of Illusion.
Location: You’ll find locations and more information on most of the shows open in February in this post: “Branson in the Winter - What’s Happening? A Lot!” and opening dates for even more shows here: “Branson in the Spring - 33 Music Shows in Bloom for the Season!” (Follow the links attached to each show name for a complete description and show schedule.)
February Schedule: See “Location” notes.
Make sure you check out...the gift shops offered in most of the venues that host these fantastic shows. You’d be surprised at what you’ll find - everything from secret family-recipe fudge to beautiful gift items with your name custom-engraved in Chinese characters! (The engraved items are available at Amazing Acrobats of Shanghai - their schedule was only recently announced, so you won’t find them in either of the aforementioned posts - simply follow the link attached to the show name for more information!)
There you have it, a dozen delightful ways to enjoy Branson in February! Obviously, not everything you can do made it on the list, including incredible shopping to be had at Tanger Outlets, Branson Landing, Grand Village Shops, and scores of other shops, boutiques, and shopping centers. Now that you know you’ve picked a great month for a vacation, get your bags packed and get goin’ to Branson!