The Runaway Mountain Coaster runs away with Branson’s title of “biggest fun you can have in the hills!” This exciting alpine mountain coaster, located in the new Branson Mountain Adventure Park, lets a little gravity and a whole lot of mother nature give you the ride of your life! After a scenic five-minute trip to the top, you’ll find yourself riding, sliding, and gliding down the natural Branson landscape -- it’s an experience unlike any offered by traditional theme park coasters. Also unlike other rides, the Runaway Mountain Coaster is open year-round -- that’s right, you can even bundle up and enjoy a gorgeous winter day in the Ozarks! There’s a nice gift shop with coaster-related merchandise like hoodies, t-shirts, and hats, as well as soft drinks and snacks. The Adventure Park also enjoys a convenient, and scenic, location -- it’s on Highway 165, just a hop, skip, and a jump from Branson’s world-famous Strip!
Additional Information/Helpful Hints
- The Runaway Mountain Coaster is located at 935 Missouri Highway 165 in Branson.
- The regular operating schedule is: Sunday - Thursday from 10:00AM to 8:00PM and Friday - Saturday from 10:00AM to 10:00PM.
- The park is open year-round; March through December with regular hours, and January and February on weekends only.
- Operating hours will be dependent on the weather, and they can change seasonally.
- Be mindful of the weather and dress accordingly.
- There is a gift shop for the Runaway Mountain Coaster -- it features a nice selection of logo apparel, snacks, and soft drinks.
- Reservations are not necessary.
- Safety Requirements - all rules are for the safety of drivers and riders, and to make the ride fun for everyone:
- Single drivers must be at least nine (9) years of age and at least 52” tall.
- Double drivers must be at least sixteen (16) years of age and at least 52” inches tall.
- Passengers must be at least three (3) years of age and at least 36” inches tall.
- Total combined weight of riders cannot exceed 300 pounds; this is a manufacturer’s regulation.
- Phones, cameras, and loose hats or clothing are not allowed on the ride. Please secure these and other valuables in your locked vehicle.
- The Runaway Mountain Coaster is an “active participation” ride; drivers are required to read and understand all safety guidelines.
- Drivers must not be distracted throughout the duration of the ride, and cannot operate the ride cart while under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances.
Discover roller-coaster riding the way nature intended it to be -- discover the thrills and laughter that awaits you at Branson’s first and most fun ride of its kind -- discover the Runaway Mountain Coaster!