Beyond the Lens offers Branson a uniquely entertaining attraction experience! Borrowing from interesting tabloid stories published about pop culture, including celebrities, unusual creatures and other “beings” (think BigFoot and little green men,) sensational events and happenings, and everything else the curious among us finds fascinating, Beyond the Lens has created both museum-like exhibits and interactive displays and loads of special features. Although the entrance brings guests through gigantic hands holding a massive camera, don’t let it fool you into thinking this is a photography museum of some kind...not even close - it’s a diverse collection of displays that range from an alien egg pit (similar to a ball pit) that’s a favorite for kids, to a more museum-like collection of framed celebrity images, as well as scores of family photo and selfie opportunities everywhere you look!
Individual exhibits and displays inside Beyond the Lens include (but are not limited to:)
Human Kaleidoscope: This 20 foot-long tunnel features flashing lights and pulsing colors. (You pass through this feature to enter the remainder of the attraction - if anyone in your group is bothered by the activity within the Kaleidoscope, you can request a bypass from a Beyond the Lens team member.)
Royal Closet: Explore how members of the royal family are outfitted. Guests can put together their own royal outfit and test their knowledge of royal trivia.
The Red Carpet: Guests can walk the red carpet and experience the flashing lights and yells from the paparazzi.
Alien Egg Pit: Thousands of white eggs that everyone can jump into - makes for a good photo opp for the kids!
Crimes of the Century: Features theories behind some of the country’s most publicized crimes and criminals, including the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, the trial of OJ Simpson, and more. You can also test your knowledge of the crimes behind celebrity mugshots.
Additional Information/Helpful Hints
- Beyond the Lens is located at 3115 West 76 Country Boulevard (the former address of the Starlite Theatre.)
- The attraction is open Sunday through Thursday from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., and on Friday and Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- To get the most of all displays and exhibits, allow for about an hour to 90 minutes for your visit.
- There’s plenty of level parking next to the building - no hills, steep slopes, or stairs to climb.
- Other attractions within walking distance include Titanic Museum Attraction, Hollywood Wax Museum Complex, and Clay Cooper’s Theatre. There’s also dining next door and right across the street.
- Exhibits & Displays: We’ve talked about some of the exhibits in the information above to give guests a general idea of what to expect inside Beyond the Lens, but this information doesn’t include all details. Of special note, the “Crimes of the Century” exhibit does include the tragic stories of people like Laci Peterson and JonBenet Ramsey - we recommend that parents determine, in advance, if this exhibit is something they’ll share with their children.
For lots of interactive and fascinating exhibits you can explore to your heart’s content, just walk through the giant hands and camera and discover what’s Beyond the Lens!