Jim Stafford is still packing ‘em in and making ‘em laugh out loud in Branson! He’s been a favorite in America’s home of live entertainment for more than twenty years, sharing his hilariously clever songs and thrilling music lovers with his incredible guitar picking talent. Jim’s also an accomplished fiddle, banjo, and harmonica player, as well as a prolific songwriter, actor, and all around funny, friendly, and fantastic guy! His greatest hits include “Swamp Witch,” “My Girl Bill,” the wacky “Wildwood Weed,” and his biggest song, “Spiders & Snakes,” the hilarious hit that landed in the Top 5 and earned Stafford a Gold Record. He also earned a Gold Record for his writing work in the popular Disney movie The Fox and the Hound; he wrote “Lack of Education,” “A Huntin’ Man,” and “Appreciate the Lady.” Jim Stafford's songwriting skills have been tapped by some of Hollywood’s biggest players; he wrote the cute tune “Cow Patti” for Clint Eastwood’s movie, Any Which Way You Can, a movie in which he also had a supporting role, playing the character of Long John.
Jim Stafford’s work as a popular entertainer in Branson hasn’t gone unnoticed; 417 Magazine readers gave Jim the most votes for Best Entertainer, among other accolades. Big country artists, including George Jones and Jerry Reed, have covered his songs, and he appeared on numerous television shows, including a regular spot on the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour. He hosted his own show on ABC, The Jim Stafford Show, and he co-hosted Those Amazing Animals alongside the legendary Burgess Meredith, and the beautiful Priscilla Presley.
Helpful Hints/Additional Information
- Jim Stafford performs at the Jim Stafford Theatre.
- The theatre is located at 3440 West Highway 76.
- Jim's show can be seen at 7:30 p.m. from late March through mid-December on Thursday and Saturday, plus Tuesday in November and December.
- There is a gift shop and concession area in the lobby of the theater.
- The theater can be accessed from either Highway 76 at the front, or Green Mountain Drive that runs behind the theater.
- The Jim Stafford Show is family-friendly and suitable for all ages.
- There is special seating in the theater for the disabled.
- Still photography is allowed during Jim Stafford's show.
Get ready to laugh yourself silly...ready to be awestruck by phenomenal guitar playing...and ready to have the time of your life in Branson with one of the town’s most brilliant artists, the incomparable Jim Stafford!