The Comedy of Jim Barber puts one of Branson’s favorite funny guys front and center! If America’s Got Talent has taught us anything, it’s that Americans love ventriloquists! But Barber is not your typical ventriloquist, he gives the difficult, but highly entertaining, art his own special spin. He has the greatest cast of characters tucked away, bringing each out at just the perfect time to tickle even the toughest of funny bones, and he’s even funnier when he lets his “dummies” run the show - so to speak...you really have to see it to appreciate how hilarious it really is!
Jim Barber isn’t just a big funny deal in Branson - he’s been recognized time and again for his work by those in the industry. The International Magicians Society honored him with the Merlin Award for Ventriloquist of the Year,” and the National Association of Campus Activities named Barber the Campus Comedy Entertainer of the Year. His work has taken him around the world and back again, including onto the stage of television talk shows and variety specials. He’s been on stage alongside a long list of entertainment legends, including Reba McEntire, Debbie Reynolds, Vince Gill, Roger Miller, Eddie Rabbitt, Wayne Newton, Roy Clark, Tony Orlando, Crystal Gayle, and Yakov Smirnoff. And it was when he shared the stage with the late and legendary, Glen Campbell, that many Branson fans first came to know Jim Barber. As part of the Glen Campbell Goodtime Show in Branson, Barber delighted audiences and kept them in constant stitches with his crazy cast of kooks, including Seville (Barber and “Seville,”) Chico Pete the chihuahua, and a delightfully silly and sweet baby who was “introduced” to the audience as simply the sound of a baby crying that nobody could see, at least not until Jim pulled him out of his hiding place!
Additional Information/Helpful Hints
- The Comedy of Jim Barber can be found at Branson’s historic Shepherd of the Hills Homestead.
- Shepherd of the Hills is located at 5586 West Highway 76 - between Branson and Indian Point where Silver Dollar City is located.
- The Comedy of Jim Barber is a lunch show - it runs from September 11 through October 27.
- Lunch is served at 11:30AM and the show begins at 11:45AM.
- Lunch Menu: Tossed Greens Garden Salad with Fresh-made Ranch Dressing - Parmesan Crusted Chicken - Herbed Fresh Green Beans - Dinner Roll with Butter - Texas Fudge Cake - Choice of Tea or Lemonade (Upon request, the salad can be replaced with Apple Sauce for children.)
- At the Homestead, you’ll also find the long-running Shepherd of the Hills Outdoor Drama, ATV rides, tours of the Homestead, the newly renovated Inspiration Tower, horseback trail rides, and much more!
- In addition to all of the attractions and activities, you’ll find shopping and dining at the Homestead.
- The Comedy of Jim Barber is not just a family-friendly performance, it’s one we highly encourage the entire family to see!
What’s not to love? The art of ventriloquism performed with technical perfection and loads of laughter, with lunch to boot - you’ll find it all in the form of one very fantastically funny man in The Comedy of Jim Barber!