Yep, it’s really June - already! Can you believe that nearly half the year has passed? Hopefully, you’ve made it to Branson for the coming week for the beautiful month of June, and guess what -- issue #13 of our weekly series has picked out four great shows for you! Even if you won’t be here this coming week, make note of these fabulous shows so you can check them out during your next visit to Branson, Missouri!
In this weekly series, we talk about shows, attractions, activities, and more - everything we’re sure you’ll love about Branson...check us out every Sunday to see what we’re lovin’ lately!
Here, in alphabetical order, is What We Love in Branson This Week:
ABBA Tribute - Thank You for the Music: An amazingly talented cast delivers irresistible re-interpretations of the unforgettable Swedish import’s most popular hits!
3 Reasons Why We Love ABBA Tribute - Thank You for the Music
1. Those great songs! “Waterloo,” “S.O.S.,” “Dancing Queen,” “Chiquitita,” “Fernando,” “Take A Chance on Me,” and the unforgettably catchy “Mamma Mia”...you know what we’re talkin’ about, even diehard rockers have to admit to ABBA being their favorite guilty pleasure!
2. What a cast! It takes real talent to pay homage to such an iconic group; Chelsie Odom, Cadence Miller, James Allen, and Stephen Odom are not only up to the challenge, they surpass even the toughest expectations.
3. Visually stunning! Between the glamorous costumes and dazzling dance moves, this brilliant show is as much fun to “see” as the amazing music is to hear!
Schedule this week: Tuesday, June 5 and Thursday, June 7 at 5:00 p.m. - Wednesday, June 6 and Saturday, June 9 at 2:00 p.m.
Location: Hamners’ Variety Theatre - 3090 Shepherd of the Hills Expressway
The Blackwoods: R.W. Blackwood, the son of original Blackwood Brothers Quartet member of the same name, together with wife, Donna, keep the family legacy of sensational gospel music alive!
3 Reasons Why We Love The Blackwoods
1. It’s gospel! It’s a favorite genre for so many music fans, and a fantastic and talented cast delivers the gospel goods in the spirit of the great Blackwood Brothers Quartet before them.
2. That touch of humor! It would certainly be hard to watch a Branson show without humor, and the Blackwoods deliver the laughs in a way that fits in perfectly with the show’s inspirational tone.
3. Great family entertainment! In keeping with Branson’s reputation as a family destination, gospel music by its very nature is easily the most family-friendly music there is - together with the clean humor, The Blackwoods is a safe bet for fun, inspiring, and memorable, musical, morning entertainment!
Schedule this week: Tuesday, June 5 through Saturday, June 9 - all shows at 10:00 a.m.
Location: Dutton Family Theatre - 3454 West Highway 76
The Haygoods: Don’t mistake this for a group of siblings who play at family reunions and church socials (not that there’s anything wrong with either,) these brothers and their sister stage a full-scale musical production with a variety of music, state-of-the-art effects, stunning costumes, and unmistakable talent!
3 Reasons Why We Love The Haygoods
1. All the right stuff! The Haygoods have taken every component of a great show, amped it up, and brought it to the Branson stage where they’ve entertained millions of satisfied customers for more than 25 years!
2. Unique features! Whether it’s the special effects you won’t find in any other show, or the standout sights - like a backflipping guitar player, the Haygoods literally “own” the word unique when it comes to every production!
3. True talent! Obviously, these are some very talented young people, but hearing them sing a variety of songs so perfectly, deliver choreography to rival anything in Vegas or on Broadway, and interact with the audience with sincere enthusiasm, you know you’re witnessing something undeniably special!
Schedule this week: Tuesday, June 5 - Thursday, June 7 - Saturday, June 9 - all shows at 7:30 p.m.
Location: Clay Cooper Theatre - 3216 West Highway 76
Presleys’ Country Jubilee: For more than 50 years, the incredible Presley family has been delighting audiences with the best in country music, and the funniest characters you’ll ever find on a Branson stage!
3 Reasons Why We Love Presleys’ Country Jubilee
1. Real Branson history! You won’t need to dive deep into local history to discover that the Presleys is one of the two founding families of Branson’s music industry, and the first to build a theater on what’s now the world-famous “Strip” - Highway 76. They continue to be the longest-running show on the Strip.
2. Great supporting players! There are several Presleys represented on stage, but this is one smart family in more ways than one - they’ve gathered some the best singers and musicians around to help them deliver a phenomenal production night after night!
3. Belly-aching laughter! First off, this is one mighty country music show, we don’t want to downplay that, but if what you’re looking for is to laugh until you cry, then the king clowns of the family stage, Herkimer and Cecil, have a seat at Presleys’ Country Jubilee with your name on it!
Schedule this week: Monday, June 4 through Saturday, June 9 - all shows at 8:00 p.m.
Location: Presleys’ Family Theater - 2920 West Highway 76
Whether you’re enjoying a visit to Branson this week, or any time in the future, we’ve got your preferred seats for all four of these great shows and a whole bunch more! Give us a call at 877-688-3179 and we’ll get your tickets ready!