Bonus - We’ve Got Your Annual “Show Go!”
It’s 2020 and Branson’s bursting with new shows, attractions, dining spots, and other excellent reasons to return to Branson time and again to take it all in! And like we do every year, we’re updating you on Branson’s annual “show go” - we’re answering the big question of “where did my favorite show go?”
We won’t keep you waiting...here are the biggest new things happening in Branson in 2020:
EXCITING NEW ATTRACTIONS!
1. Mystic River Falls Debuts at Silver Dollar City! As Branson’s world-famous, multi-award-winning theme park celebrates its 60th year, Silver Dollar City marks their diamond anniversary with a year-long celebration and the grand opening of Rivertown, home to the brand new river-rafting adventure, Mystic River Falls! Boasting the tallest drop in the western hemisphere, this thrilling water attraction is accompanied by the new Rivertown Smokehouse, the largest dining experience in the beloved park’s history. Location: 399 Silver Dollar City Parkway on Branson’s Indian Point
2. Aquarium at the Boardwalk Opens! Announced in 2019, the all new and highly anticipated Aquarium at the Boardwalk opens in 2020! You’ll be mesmerized by up-close-and-personal viewing of stunningly beautiful creatures of the ocean, including the opportunity to actually touch some of these precious animals! Photo opps abound in the Submarine Voyage, Mermaid Palace, Jelly Fish Infinity Room, Coral Reef, Touch Pool, and more. Location: 2700 West 76 Country Boulevard, a.k.a. The Strip
3. WonderWorks Branson opens! Another huge attraction announced in 2019 will open this spring, and the mind-blowing “wonder” of Branson’s new WonderWorks is already considered a “Branson must do!” Before you even enter this science-focused indoor amusement park, you’ll be awestruck by the stunning exterior, a fascinating architectural feat. Inside, you’ll encounter more than a hundred hands-on exhibits that let you experience everything from the power of hurricane-force winds to zero gravity. Location: 2835 West 76 Country Boulevard, a.k.a. The Strip
4. Dolly Parton’s Stampede Dinner Attraction Adds Rumble in the Treetops! Highly skilled, extreme agile, and incredibly strong lumberjack teams will delight audiences with their chopping, sawing, climbing, and log-rolling events! Joining the hugely popular equestrian entertainment, a phenomenal meal, and a plethora of other exciting features, Rumble in the Treetops adds another huge reason to return to your favorite Branson dinner attraction! Location: 1525 West 76 Country Boulevard, a.k.a. The Strip
5. Payne’s Valley Golf Course Opens! This stunning new course pays tribute to late golf legend, Payne Stewart, and it’s the first public-access course designed by Tiger Woods. With gorgeous features, including a 19th hole called the “Big Rock,” Payne’s Valley is the dream project of Woods and Big Cedar Lodge and its owner, Johnny Morris. Location: 1250 Golf Club Drive in Hollister, about 5 minutes south of Branson
SENSATIONAL NEW SHOWS!
6. Anthems of Rock: This high-energy show delivers the chart-topping hits of legendary acts like Journey, The Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Eagles, Chicago, Bon Jovi, Queen, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and more. Location: King’s Castle Theatre - 2701 West 76 Country Boulevard, a.k.a. The Strip
7. Carpenters Once More: Talented tribute artist, Diana Lynn, revives this sincere tribute that shares the incredible songs of pop music’s most memorable sibling duo, a long string of hits that remind us why we still miss the angelic voice of Karen Carpenter. Location: Jerry Presley’s God & Country Theatres - 1840 West 76 Country Boulevard, a.k.a. The Strip
8. The Chicago - Color My World Tribute Show: A talented collection of artists, The Chicago Nights, along with the new Branson Brass, remind us why the epic “rock band with horns” has remained one of music’s longest-running and most successful groups. Location: Jerry Presley’s God & Country Theatres - 1840 West 76 Country Boulevard, a.k.a. The Strip
9. Country Legends: Branson entertainment mainstays, Gordy Wensel and Debbie Kaye, share the music of country icons, including Hank Williams, Merle Haggard, Lynn Anderson, Conway Twitty, Loretta Lynn, Kenny Rogers, Tammy Wynette, Johnny Cash, Tanya Tucker, Alan Jackson, Reba McEntire, and more in this new lunch show! Location: Jackie G. Goode’s Uptown Cafe & Dinner Theatre - 285 State Highway 165
10. Doo Wop & More: The soulful music of a long-gone era is brought vividly back to life, accompanied by other fantastic music from the past, like those satisfying soul sounds we’ve come to expect from one of Branson’s most intimate live show settings! Location: Branson Hot Hits Theatre - 206 South Commercial Street - Historic Downtown Branson
11. Escape Reality: Featuring astonishing magic and illusions from Garry and Janine Carson, long-time entertainers at the Las Vegas MGM Grand, this new show is filled with magic, comedy, and a delicious three-course dinner to kick it all off! Location: Branson Central Theatre - 625 Highway 165
12. James Taylor & Friends: Seasoned Branson entertainers offer a tribute to the legendary Grammy Award-winning singer with hits spanning several decades, including “Fire and Rain,” “How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You,)” “Handy Man,” and the chart-topping “You’ve Got a Friend.” Location: Jerry Presley’s God & Country Theatres - 1840 West 76 Country Boulevard, a.k.a. The Strip
13. Neil Diamond Gold: One of two sensational tributes to the iconic entertainer, this production stars long-time Branson tribute artist, James Garrett, who’ll deliver the goods on Diamond’s more than five decades in the music industry. Location: IMAX Entertainment Center Little Opry Theatre - 3562 Shepherd of the Hills Expressway
14. A Neil Diamond Tribute: Diamond look-alike, Keith Allyn, brings back his spot-on tribute to the Grammy and Golden Globe-winning artist who gave us “Sweet Caroline,” “Brother Love’s Travelling Salvation Show,” “Song Sung Blue,” “Hello Again,” and “America,” among other huge hits. Location: Jerry Presley’s God & Country Theatres - 1840 West 76 Country Boulevard, a.k.a. The Strip
15. Noah: After several years, the epic production of Noah returns to the Sight & Sound Theatres’ stage! The inspiring story depicts one determined man’s fight to stay ahead of a disastrous, world-wide flood in order to save his family and the future of God’s many precious creatures. Location: Sight & Sound Theatres - 1001 Shepherd of the Hills Expressway
16. Rick McEwen’s Big Show: Veteran Branson entertainer, Rick McEwen, has been dazzling audiences for decades with his incredible voice and pickin’ skills! Along with his talented friends, McEwen headlines this all new show filled with classic rock, gospel, classic country, and bluegrass. Location: IMAX Entertainment Center Little Opry Theatre - 3562 Shepherd of the Hills Expressway
17. Saturday Night Late Night: (No show information available as of post date.) Location: Tribute Theatre - 3310 West 76 Country Boulevard, a.k.a. The Strip
18. Steve Moris Lunchtime Break: This People’s Choice Entertainer of the Year for Princess Cruises has co-hosted with comedic great, Louie Anderson, opened for The Beach Boys, and has kept audiences rolling in the aisles for years! Location: Branson Central Theatre - 625 Highway 165
19. WhoDunnit Hoedown - A Murder Mystery: The latest live entertainment offering from Shepherd of the Hills is a hilarious show that looks to solve the murder of Fiddler Squeeky Bowman, both tickling your funny bone and fillin’ your belly with a scrumptious dinner! Location: Shepherd of the Hills Homestead & Adventure Park - 5586 West 76 Country Boulevard
DELICIOUS NEW DINING OPPORTUNITIES!
20. Guy Fieri’s Branson Kitchen & Bar: Branson Landing ups the entertaining dining ante with the opening of Fieri’s latest Kitchen & Bar restaurant! The Emmy Award-winning celebrity chef’s latest dining venture will include indoor and outdoor seating, and serve up a menu of signature flavors, including house-smoked meats and "Chef Guy’s craft cocktails.” Location: 100 Branson Landing Boulevard - Historic Downtown Branson
21. Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen & Mellow Mushroom: Both opening in the second half of 2019, these eateries have already gained a loyal following. As with Guy Fieri’s soon-to-open dining hot spot, these popular new restaurants can be found at Branson Landing; Deen’s across from the Belk department store, and Mellow Mushroom closer to the center of the Landing in the Wharf District. Location: 100 Branson Landing Boulevard - Historic Downtown Branson
BIG NAME CONCERT APPEARANCES!
22. Dick Clark’s American Bandstand Theater Concert Lineup: Amy Grant on March 8 at 3:00 p.m. - Ronnie McDowell on April 1 at 2:00 p.m. (showing of Viva Las Vegas movie, followed by 30 minute performance of Elvis music by McDowell) and April 1 at 7:00 p.m. (all-request concert) - Wink & Sandy Martindale present “Memories of Elvis” on April 2 at 8:00 p.m. - Pat Boone with Billy Dean on Mother’s Day, May 10 at 3:00 p.m. - Janie Fricke with Moore & Moore on June 21 at 3:00 p.m. Location: 1600 West 76 Country Boulevard
23. Welk Resort Theater Concert Lineup: Phil Vassar & Billy Yates on March 28 at 7:00 p.m. - Michael W. Smith on May 9 at 7:00 p.m. - Lee Greenwood with T. G. Sheppard on October 3 at 7:00 p.m. - B.J. Thomas with Jay and The Americans on October 17 at 7:00 p.m. - 60s Supershow with Gary Lewis & The Playboys, Mitch Ryder, Dennis Tufano, Chris Montez, and Brian Hyland on October 24 at 7:00 p.m. Location: 1984 Highway 165
24. Mansion Entertainment Center Concert Lineup: Oak Ridge Boys on various dates in April, September, October, and November at 8:00 p.m. - Jimmy Fortune on various dates in September, October, and November with 3:00 or 8:00 p.m. shows - Dailey & Vincent on October 1 & 22 at 3:00 p.m., November 10 at 8:00 p.m., and November 11 at 3:00 p.m. - Neal McCoy on October 9 at 8:00 p.m. and November 4, 5, 18, & 19 at 3:00 p.m. - Country’s Family Reunion on October 11 at 7:00 p.m. - Bellamy Brothers on October 16 at 8:00 p.m. - Gene Watson on October 23 and November 7 at 8:00 p.m. - The Gatlin Brothers on October 24 at 8:00 p.m. Location: 189 Expressway Lane
BRANSON'S ANNUAL "SHOW GO!"
Where did your favorite show go? Right here…
Absolutely Country, Definitely Gospel - Majestic Theatre at 2849 Gretna Road
The Blackwoods - Americana Theatre at 2905 West 76 Country Boulevard
Billy Yates - new location to be announced
Doo Wop & The Drifters - Majestic Theatre at 2849 Gretna Road
Doug Gabriel - Branson Famous Theatre at 645 Highway 165
Golden Sounds with Eddie Stovall - Hot Hits Theatre at 206 South Commercial
Johnson Strings - Americana Theatre at 2905 West 76 Country Boulevard
SIX - Dick Clark’s American Bandstand Theater at 1600 West 76 Country Boulevard
Droopy Drawers - He may not be a “show,” but he’s a much beloved Branson icon, and we wanted you to know that this long-running comedian from Branson’s Famous Baldknobbers has joined the cast of Ozarks Country and Ozarks Gospel at Grand Country Music Hall, located at 1945 West 76 Country Boulevard.
So many new things happen in Branson every year, it’s nearly impossible to cover them all, but we’re hoping this comprehensive list of new stuff to see and do is more than enough to have you scheduling your next trip to Branson right now!