The kids aren’t back to school yet, so that get-everything-out-of-your-summer visit is still possible...and even if they’ve headed back already, a weekend family getaway will find you great deals in Branson! So, go ahead, jump in the car and head on down...or up...or over...or whatever direction gets you here for one fantastic time during these little-bit-lazy and a whole-lot-of-crazy-fun days of Summer!
Here are ten things to add to your Summer visit itinerary, including a few out-of-the-ordinary activities you’re gonna love:
1. Silver Dollar City: Ok, we’re starting off with the most expected place on the list! But for anyone who loves rides, hand-made craft items, authentic food, and irresistible music, a visit to this multi-award-winning theme park is pretty much mandatory. Early to mid-August is a great time to go as the crowds lighten up a bit with kids headed back to school. And, if you wait until August 23, you can catch their Southern Gospel Picnic event, filled with glorious gospel music and plenty of satisfying sweets and savory eats at the House of Chicken & Fixin’s! You’ll find more information on our website: Silver Dollar City.
2. Dolly Parton’s Stampede Dinner Attraction: This is our one other famous place on the list - since it’s one of Branson’s most popular attractions, if you’ve never been, it’s way past time you did! An incredibly delicious meal, stunningly gorgeous horses (that you can see in their stables as you follow the walkway to the front entrance,) stunts, talented performers, and so much more that we just don’t have room to describe - it’s the activity that’s re-defined the idea of “dinner and a show!” The Stampede offers different show times, but for the remainder of August, most performances are at 5:30 p.m. You’ll find more information on our website: Dolly Parton’s Stampede Dinner Attraction.
3. Branson Comedy Hypnosis Dinner Show: This is one of Branson’s more unusual shows, and its creator and star, Jecobie Roberts, is exceptionally skilled at her craft - she can make even the grumpiest guest bust with laughter, and easily putting willing volunteers into a safe state of hypnosis, much to the delight of their loved ones and the giggling audience! As if a load of laughter isn’t enough, you’re also treated to a scrumptious meal - a hot dinner buffet with savory ham and chicken, real mashed potatoes, good ole Southern mac ‘n cheese, and so much more. Fabulous fun and fantastic food - ya can’t beat that! Performances are scheduled every Friday throughout August. You’ll find more information on our website: Branson Comedy Hypnosis Dinner Show.
4. Adventure Ziplines of Branson: Right in the heart of Branson, amidst its entertainment district, sits an exciting zipline that’s easily one of the area’s most popular - that’s saying a lot in an area that’s home to nearly a dozen different ziplines. Some ziplines are one part of a bigger attraction complex, while others are more extensive attractions in their own right - Adventure Ziplines is one of the latter, offering seven ziplines with two miles of cable lines that range from 200 to 2,000 feet in length, as well as three rope bridges to cross. And what would a zipline be without beautiful views? Adventure Ziplines lets you enjoy one of the biggest reasons that Branson converts a healthy percentage of its visitors to residents - lovely scenery to take in without even leaving the city limits! You’ll find more information on this zipline attraction on our website: Adventure Ziplines of Branson.
5. Indian Point Zipline Adventure Tours: The second zipline adventure on our “can’t miss it” list can be found on the Table Rock Lake peninsula that’s also home to Silver Dollar City - beautiful Indian Point! The ziplines here have accumulated a long list of loyal fans and scores of positive online reviews; thrill-seekers love the scenery found on this pretty piece of land that’s been carefully populated with a collection of quaint resorts and upscale condos. You’ll discover six ziplines here that cover 2,700 feet, giving you an experience that includes the excitement of the zip, and a little bit of good exercise walking and stair-climbing. You’ll also find a nice little grocery store, restaurant, and ice cream shop on the property. More information on this zipline attraction is available on our website: Indian Point Zipline Adventure Tours.
6. Vigilante Extreme ZipRider: The third and final zipline entry on our list differs from the other two - this is a sitting zipline, perfect for anyone who doesn’t like all that rigging riding up on you. You’ll travel to the top of the iconic Inspiration Tower at the Shepherd of the Hills Homestead, climb into a cozy seat, get belted in, and go flying down from 170 feet in the air, reaching speeds of up to 50 mph! Of course, you’re nice and secure in the seat and wearing a helmet, but other than lifting your feet as you approach the finish platform, there’s no complicated instructions - you just soar, enjoy the gorgeous Ozarks’ countryside, and smile like you haven’t in forever! You’ll find more information on this zipline attraction on our website: Vigilante Extreme ZipRider. You’ll also find more information on Shepherd of the Hills’ new Zipline Canopy Tours at Shepherd of the Hills - 8 Zipline Canopy Tour, 4 Long Zipline Canopy Tour, and 4 Short Zipline Canopy Tour.
7. VIP Tours - Discover Branson Tour: We’ve put three of their fun and relaxing tours on the list, because we’re thinking this is still one of Branson’s best kept secrets! This first tour is a great family activity, especially if you want to keep a large family gathering together in one vehicle - their luxurious Mercedes Sprinter coach holds up to 18 people. The Sprinter is equipped with 4G mobile service, WiFi, and USB outlets at every seat. The Discover Branson Tour typically includes a visit to College of the Ozarks, Table Rock Dam, where you can enjoy views of both Table Rock and Taneycomo lakes, and two historic downtowns - Branson and Hollister. Tours depart from Dick Clark’s American Bandstand Theater at 9:30 a.m. You’ll find more information on this VIP tour on our website: VIP Tours - Discover Branson Tour.
8. VIP Tours - Progressive Dinner Tour: Their newest tour includes visits to three of Branson’s finest eateries. You’ll enjoy wine tastings and appetizers at St. James Winery & Restaurant, followed by a second course of soup or salad, and your third course entree at Chateau on the Lake Resort, Spa & Convention Center. Your dinner wraps up with dessert and beverage at Level 2 Steakhouse at the Branson Convention Center Hilton Hotel in Historic Downtown Branson. You’ll travel in the nice Mercedes Sprinter with all its aforementioned amenities, and enjoy a bit of scenery along the way. It’s ideal for adults, but younger, non-drinking-age folks are always welcome. Tours depart from Dick Clark’s American Bandstand Theater at 4:00 p.m. You’ll find more information on this VIP tour on our website: VIP Tours - Progressive Dinner Tour.
9. VIP Tours - Taste of Branson Food & Wine Tour: You’ll enjoy some of Branson’s finest wineries and distilleries, a fascinating industry that’s been growing here over the last few years. You’ll sample several varietals, including wines made from native American grapes and French-American hybrids, including the Cynthiana/Norton, Missouri’s state grape. Other samplings include beer, whiskey, and even a bit of good ol’ Ozarks’ moonshine! The tour is led by an experienced guide who’ll share interesting stories, and educate everyone on Missouri’s long and prosperous history of winemaking. After your experience with area spirits, you’ll indulge in a delicious three-course meal while enjoying scenic Lake Taneycomo. Tours depart from Dick Clark’s American Bandstand Theater at 3:00 p.m. You’ll find more information on this VIP tour on our website at: VIP Tours - Taste of Branson Food & Wine Tour.
10. Xcape Branson: Now you’re wondering, who in the world wants to escape Branson, it’s your favorite place when you’re ready to escape everyday life! This is a whole different kind of escaping - it’s a relatively new entertainment craze that’s hit the area with a few attractions. We’re choosing Xcape Branson in neighboring Branson West, where they’ll let you escape a frightening nuclear meltdown, a mind-blowing zombie apocalypse, or a bone-chilling haunted house! Your only tools will be an iPad and your own problem-solving skills to track clues and your time as you encounter fascinating features like lasers and special effects throughout the rooms. Experience an incredible escape rush without the risk you’d encounter in a real-life situation. You’ll find more information on Xcape Branson on our website at: Xcape Branson.
The season’s not over yet, so make that Summer trip to Branson, and discover these great activities and a plethora of other exciting things to do!
You’ll find a whole bunch of things to do that are perfect for families with kids at 27 Kid-Friendly Branson MO Activities at Budget-Friendly Prices!