If you already know and love Branson, then we don’t need to tell you that it shines even brighter for Christmas! Drive-through displays twinkling everywhere with lights...buildings bedazzled for the holiday season...all your favorite shows turning on the Christmas charm...shops overflowing with holiday gift ideas...eateries dishing up everything from pumpkin treats to festive eats...creative Christmas trees everywhere you look, there’s truly nothing like coming home for the holidays, home to Branson, that is! No matter where you live the rest of the year, enjoying time in Branson during the joyous extended, two-month Christmas season feels like you’re spending the holidays at home, and nothing says “Christmas” like the brilliance of sparkling, twinkling, glittering, and glimmering lights as far as the eye can see!
In addition to the designated drive-throughs, we’ve got information on where to see buildings that get decked out for the holidays, and the many places that participate in Branson’s Christmas tree program - yep, that’s really a thing here - and display both traditional and special trees throughout the season.
Branson’s Most Brilliant Holiday Displays!
Attractions, Drive-Throughs & More, More, More Christmas Galore!
1. Silver Dollar City: This awe-inspiring, multi-award winning Branson theme park is the king of all that’s Christmas! If you’ve been for the holidays in the past, just wait until you see Silver Dollar City this year...as part of the all new “Joy on the Town Square,” a new tree debuts, but not just any tree, it’s an eight-story, custom-designed tree adorned with high-resolution lights that have an unlimited ability to blast color, light, and animated imagery all set to music. With added lights around the buildings and trees, this holiday season on the Square will boast more than a million LED lights - amazing! A nightly light parade, special live Christmas theater productions, and music, food, shopping, and glorious fun at every turn, you simply must see Silver Dollar City this holiday season!
Location: 399 Silver Dollar City Parkway (on the peninsula of Table Rock Lake known as Indian Point.)
2019 Schedule: An Old Time Christmas runs November 2 through December 30 - the park opens at 1:00 p.m. (During this holiday season, Silver Dollar City is closed on Mondays through December 16, and Tuesdays through December 10, as well as Wednesdays, November 6, and 13, and December 25.)
2. Shepherd of the Hills Homestead & Adventure Park: This landmark attraction always delights with their drive-through display, The Trail of Lights, and the joyous walk-through Christmas experience, the North Pole Adventure, which features a visit to Santa Claus on the “Ho Ho Ho 200 Feet Up We Go” to the jolly old elf's home up high! There’s also A Shepherd’s Christmas Carol live show, a Christmas Court, and Jingle Junction, with beautiful decorations, children’s activities that include a petting zoo, and so much more in store!
Location: Shepherd of the Hills Homestead & Adventure Park - 5586 West 76 Country Boulevard
2019 Schedule: November 1 through December 31 - both Christmas light experiences open at dusk.
3. Branson’s Promised Land Zoo: If you didn’t know that Branson has its own zoo, boy have you been missing out! And this incredible zoo gets all decked out for Christmas, with its featured attraction being the Ozarks’ largest drive-through light display - “Let There Be Lights!” All LED lights will sparkle as Christmas music plays (106.9 K-KLAUS on your radio) - you’ll visit Candy Land Courtyard with its light displays, musical trees, a live nativity petting zoo, and jolly St. Nick himself, along with his real reindeer! You can also take Santa’s VIP Safari Tour in a climate controlled tram - you’ll get to feed the animals, too!
Location: 2751 Shepherd of the Hills Expressway
2019 Schedule: November 1 through December 31 from 5:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
4. Branson’s Gift of Lights: Outfitted exclusively with LED lights, this exciting Christmas drive-through features displays that are 25% new from last year - all custom-made creations especially for Branson, including a North Pole Village and patriotic scenes. But don’t worry, your favorites have returned...12 Days of Christmas, the Christmas Tree Forest, and the inspiring Noah and the Ark. You can also capture a free selfie with Santa and Mrs. Claus and enjoy some hot cocoa. Also returning for 2019 is the opportunity to donate non-perishable food items for a local food pantry run by Christian Action Ministries. (The hot cocoa stand benefits another local charity, KLife.)
Location: North of Sight & Sound Theatre where Expressway Lane and Shepherd of the Hills Expressway intersect. (If you’ve been coming to Branson for Christmas for many years, then you’ll remember the site - it was home to a long-running drive-through produced by the local Chamber of Commerce.)
2019 Schedule: November 1 through January 1 from 5:00 p.m. (dusk) to 11:00 p.m.
5. VIP Tours - Branson Holiday Lights Tour: Enjoy a tour of area lights in a nice, 18-passenger Mercedes Sprinter Coach that’s equipped with 4G mobile and WiFi, with USB outlets at every seat. The tour includes Branson’s Promised Land Zoo’s “Let There Be Lights” drive-through, Branson’s Gift of Lights drive-through, and a viewing of the historic Adoration Scene atop Mount Branson The tour also features a stop along the way for holiday refreshments.
Location: All tours board at VIP Tours of Branson - 3027 West 76 Country Boulevard (across the street from Hollywood Wax Museum.)
2019 Schedule: November and December - tours take place on Wednesday through Saturday at 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
Discovering Even More Lights in Branson!
Your love of lights doesn’t need to end with drive throughs, attractions, and theme parks, there’s plenty of razzle and holiday bedazzle throughout Branson, and it won’t cost you a thing...even better, there’s a lot you can enjoy without leaving the creature comforts of your car! (Although these are suggestions for cost-free viewing of Branson Christmas lights, we strongly suggest saving some of your vacation budget for the shops, eateries, and other irresistible holiday happenings you’ll encounter along the way!)
6. Adoration Parade: The 71st Annual Adoration Parade is a favorite among residents and loyal visitors alike. Known as the largest non-commercial event of its kind in the country, this unique parade has always honored a theme of “Keeping Christ in Christmas,” which means it’s all about this sacred holiday, there’s no advertising on any of the parade floats. You’ll witness creative floats, school marching bands, walking entries, and vintage vehicles on parade through the Historic Downtown Branson district. Join the biggest event in Branson that’s sole purpose is to remind us all of the true reason for the season. The parade begins with the lighting of the enormous nativity (Adoration) scene atop Mount Branson just above Branson Landing.
Location: Historic Downtown Branson
2019 Schedule: Sunday, December 8 - 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
7. Historic Downtown Branson: With a whopping two-months of Christmas, there’s a lot to see and do for the holidays, and no true fan of the season would miss a visit to Historic Downtown Branson! You can stroll along the sidewalks and take in the storefront lights and the many windows presenting festive holiday scenes. Painted by a talented local artist, this collection of window artwork is a special treat!
Location: Historic Downtown Branson - East of Highway 65 - accessed via Highway 248/Branson Landing Boulevard or West 76 Country Boulevard.
2019 Schedule: Outside trees and window lights can be viewed throughout the evening; inside displays depend upon each business’s operating hours.
8. Branson Landing: Beautiful silver reindeer, stunning Christmas trees, and lights sparkling throughout, there’s no shortage of holiday cheer at Branson Landing! This year, you’ll love the Winter Wonderlanding Holiday Window Contest that runs from November 29 through December 10. And you can search for Elfie from Black Friday through Christmas Eve - find him, take a selfie, post it to Facebook or Instagram (#BLElfieSelfie) and win prizes from the store where you found him! Look for weekly clues hidden on Facebook and Instagram!
Location: 100 Branson Landing Boulevard in Historic Downtown Branson
2019 Schedule: Events from November 9 through December 31
9. Grand Village Shops: Kringles, the biggest Christmas store in Missouri, open year-round, can be found in this charming and quaint shopping center! But you won’t need to shop ‘til you drop or even spend a dime to feel the festive spirit and fall in love with this English village-like collection of shops. Always decked out in its holiday best for Christmas, Grand Village is one of those “best kept secrets” that you might miss during the daytime if you’re not looking for it - it’s tucked into a nicely landscaped area just between the Clarion Hotel on The Strip, and the new Aquarium at the Boardwalk, slated to open next year. (When it’s dark, you can’t miss Grand Village Shops, there’s always a stunningly beautiful tree and other lights facing the Strip.)
Location: 2800 West 76 Country Boulevard (more parking lies behind the center, accessible from Glory Road via 76 from the front and Green Mountain Drive from the back.)
2019 Schedule: If you’re planning to shop or eat, most stores are open from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. - Mel’s Hard Luck Diner stays open until 9:00 p.m.
10. Theater & Attraction Exteriors: Branson theaters, attractions, and many other buildings will light up their venues and landscaping, including adding festive Christmas trees. Especially cheery places include: Dolly Parton’s Stampede, Presleys’ Family Theatre, the Branson Ferris Wheel at The Track, Titanic Museum Attraction, Chateau on the Lake Resort, the Butterfly Palace & Rainforest Adventure, Grand Country Resort, and the Andy Williams Performing Arts Center & Theatre.
Location: You’ll find lots of holiday light displays while cruising down Highway 76, as well as Shepherd of the Hills Expressway. The Chateau is located on Highway 265, just a few minutes from 76 and right on Table Rock Lake.
2019 Schedule: Outside decorations are typically on display from November 1 through December 31.
11. Branson...America’s Christmas Tree City: Dozens of local attractions, retailers, restaurants, other businesses, and even the City of Branson participate in Branson’s annual Christmas tree program, one that’s been so successful, Branson is quickly becoming known as America’s Christmas Tree City! You’ll find everything from traditionally bedecked trees, to those adorned with symbols of the business where they’re displayed - the town’s seen everything from trees decorated with tires to old-fashioned items like strings of popcorn. It’s a fun holiday adventure just cruising around town to find all the different trees!
2019 Schedule: November and December
12. Glorious Glitter, Glow, & Holiday Ho Ho Ho! Throughout Branson, you’ll find Christmas cheer in the form of lights on trees in the yards of neighborhood homes, festive decor on buildings, and inspirational displays in front of churches. Each year, there’s a nativity in lights you can easily see from Highway 76 where it passes over Highway 65 - it sits on open greenspace along the exit ramp on the southwest corner. You’ll find decorated trees and other lights in front of Tanger Outlets, White Water, Fritz’s Adventure, and more along Branson’s famous Strip, and also at Cox Medical Center, as well as a huge LED light tree in the roundabout in front of Cox on Business 65/Branson Landing Boulevard.
2019 Schedule: November and December
We encourage you to discover just how much fun “coming home” for Christmas can be, especially when you adopt Branson, Missouri as your holiday home! And seeing “home” filled with sparkling lights from top to bottom, side to side, up and down and all around town is an unforgettable experience for the whole family! (To learn a little more about Branson shows at Christmas time: “Christmas in Branson 2019! Holiday Happiness is Headed this Way!”)