Billy Yates' Hit Songwriters in the Round is a big hit in Branson, thanks to the award-winning singer/songwriter, Billy Yates! When it comes to a great song, especially a big country song, it’s really all about the incredible writer behind the hit. This all-acoustic show is an entirely new concept for Branson’s live entertainment industry; it’s the first time that a slew of songwriters will own the stage. Yates hosts two accomplished songwriters each week in a totally unplugged, and delightfully unscripted, performance at the Playhouse Theatre at historic Shepherd of the Hills.
You’ll love the stories behind the music written by this impressive list of phenomenal songwriters, who also happen to be great singers! These writers have had songs recorded by the likes of Alan Jackson, Waylon Jennings, Joe Diffie, Tim McGraw, Trisha Yearwood, Little Big Town, Martina McBride, George Jones, George Strait, Blake Shelton, and more. Some of these same artists have recorded the songs of Grammy-nominated Billy Yates; other singers taking advantage of Billy’s incredible writing skills are Joe Nichols, John Michael Montgomery, Sara Evans, Rhonda Vincent, and Kenny Chesney. Among Yates’ biggest writing accomplishments are his co-writing credits on “I Don’t Need Your Rockin’ Chair” and the Grammy-winning, “Choices,” both hits for George Jones. Already well-respected in the country music industry, and well-loved by a whole slew of fans, Yates gained a big batch of new followers from his starring role in the hit Branson show, Raiding the Country Vault. He’s still performing in that show while playing hosting and performing in Billy Yates' Hit Songwriters in the Round.
Billy Yates is not only a popular fixture in Nashville’s music industry, he’s added a few unique things to his resume, including sold-out performances in Europe, being one of the first American artists to perform in Xian, China, and the first American artist featured on Ireland’s popular TV documentary, Opry an luir, as well as the first to record in the traditional Irish Gaelic language.
Additional Information/Helpful Hints
- Billy Yates' Hit Songwriters in the Round is appearing at Shepherd of the Hills Homestead & Adventure Park in their Playhouse Theatre.
- The Homestead & Adventure Park is located at 5586 West 76 Country Boulevard.
- The show can be seen at 7:00 p.m. on the following 2020 dates: March 17 & 19 - April 14 & 16 - May 5, 6, 7, 12, 14, 26, 27, & 28 - September 22, 24, & 29 - October 1, 10, 11, 13, 14, 19, & 20 - November 3, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 16, & 19 - December 1, 2, & 3. It can be seen at 1:30 p.m. on these 2020 dates: March 18 - April 15 - May 13 - September 23 & 30 - October 21 - November 4 & 18.
- There are typically two songwriters featured each week throughout the schedule.
- Songwriters coming to Branson for Billy Yates' Hit Songwriters in the Round are listed down below.
- Shepherd of the Hills Homestead & Adventure Park also features the legendary Outdoor Drama, Inspiration Tower, Vigilante Extreme ZipRider, zipline canopy tours, a ropes course, Lil Pete's Playland, Homestead Tours, and more.
- Billy Yates' Hit Songwriters in the Round is a family-friendly show that’s suitable for all ages.
It’s always fun to discover something new in Branson each year, make sure your discovery is the sensational hit show, Billy Yates' Hit Songwriters in the Round!
2020 Schedule of Songwriters:
- September 22, 23, 24 – Bill Whyte & Gerald Smith
- September 29, 20, October 1 – Rafe Van Hoy & Wood Newton
- October 10, 11, 13, 14 – Buddy Jewell & Jim McBride
- October 19, 20, 21 – Bobby Tomberlin & Mark Narmore
- November 3, 4, 5, 7 – Julie Roberts & Frank Myers
- November 10, 11, 12 – Becky Hobbs & Dallas Wayne
- November 16, 18, 19 – Rafe Van Hoy & Wood Newton
- December 1, 2, 3 – Leona Williams & Max T. Barnes