Billy Yates' Hit Songwriters in the Round arrives in Branson, courtesy of the award-winning singer/songwriter, Billy Yates! When it comes to a great song, especially a big country song, it’s really all about the incredible writer behind the hit. This all-acoustic show is an entirely new concept for Branson’s live entertainment industry; it’s the first time that a slew of songwriters will own the stage. Yates hosts two accomplished songwriters each week in a totally unplugged, and delightfully unscripted, performance at the Americana Theatre. You’ll love the stories behind the music written by this impressive list of phenomenal songwriters, who also happen to be great singers! These writers have had songs recorded by the likes of Alan Jackson, Waylon Jennings, Joe Diffie, Tim McGraw, Trisha Yearwood, Little Big Town, Martina McBride, George Jones, George Strait, Blake Shelton, and more. Some of these same artists have recorded the songs of Grammy-nominated Billy Yates; other singers taking advantage of Billy’s incredible writing skills are Joe Nichols, John Michael Montgomery, Sara Evans, Rhonda Vincent, and Kenny Chesney. Among Yates’ biggest writing accomplishments are his co-writing credits on “I Don’t Need Your Rockin’ Chair” and the Grammy-winning, “Choices,” both hits for George Jones. Already well-respected in the country music industry, and well-loved by a whole slew of fans, Yates gained a big batch of new followers from his starring role in the hit Branson show, Raiding the Country Vault. He’s still performing in that show while playing hosting and performing in Billy Yates' Hit Songwriters in the Round.
Billy Yates is not only a popular fixture in Nashville’s music industry, he’s added a few unique things to his resume, including sold-out performances in Europe, being one of the first American artists to perform in Xian, China, and the first American artist featured on Ireland’s popular TV documentary, Opry an luir, as well as the first to record in the traditional Irish Gaelic language.
Additional Information/Helpful Hints
- Billy Yates' Hit Songwriters in the Round is appearing at the Americana Theatre.
- The theatre is located at 2905 State Highway 76.
- The show runs from April 6 through December 16, 2018 - showtimes vary by date - with 2:00, 7:00, and 10:30PM performances.
- There will be two songwriters featured each week throughout the schedule.
- Songwriters coming to Branson for Billy Yates' Hit Songwriters in the Round include: Kerry Kurt Phillips, Wynn Varble, Byron Hill, Wil Nance, Buddy Jewell, Leslie Satcher, Clay Mills, Mark Irwin, Max T. Barnes, Jeff Bates, Jim McBride, Jimmy Payne, Bobby Tomberlin, Steve Dean, LuLu Roman, and Leona Williams.
- The Americana Theatre has a concession area and gift shop in the lobby area, and is one of those rare Branson venues with a mostly level parking lot.
- Billy Yates' Hit Songwriters in the Round is a family-friendly show that’s suitable for all ages.
It’s always fun to discover the new shows that open in Branson each year, for 2018, that discovery is going to be a really big deal with the sensational new show, Billy Yates' Hit Songwriters in the Round!