Ronnie McDowell returns to the Branson MO stage! McDowell brings his incredible catalog of music and a phenomenal voice that’s at once unique, and reminiscent of the king himself, Elvis Presley. It was the untimely death of Presley that introduced us to the magic of Ronnie McDowell’s special sound; it was right after Presley’s passing that McDowell quickly wrote, recorded, and released the “The King is Gone.” Ronnie’s hit song stunned everyone with both the emotion of the lyrics, and his uncanny singing style, one that likely helped fuel the neverending legend that Elvis lives on...yep, he sounds that much like The King of Rock ‘n’ Roll! McDowell’s career in music soon grew hot and he began to enjoy scores of Top Ten hits, including “I Love You, I Love You, I Love You,” “Wandering Eyes,” “Watchin’ Girls Go By,” “You Made a Wanted Man of Me,” “In a New York Minute,” and “All Tied Up,” and he reached #1 status with “Older Women” and “You’re Gonna Ruin My Bad Reputation.” He'll be sharing many of his hit songs during his Branson appearance, but it might just be his tribute to Elvis that'll really touch your heart - and blow your mind!
Ronnie McDowell has been touring for decades, but singing isn’t the only thing that’s kept him busy - he’s penned his autobiography, “Bringing It to You Personally,” and he’s an avid, and truly sensational, painter. With his purely American, Rockwellian style, McDowell has captured an almost photographic image of everyone from George Jones to Oprah Winfrey, and from Dolly Parton to Johnny Depp. Elvis Presley, of course, is a popular subject for McDowell, and he’s also fascinated with capturing Disney characters and images in his realistic works of art. His talent is so outstanding, the daughter of Loretta Lynn asked that he immortalize her mother on canvas after seeing Ronnie’s painting of Elvis hanging in Graceland. His paintings of Disney images so inspired the company that he now works producing more artwork for Disney.
Additional Information/Helpful Hints
- Ronnie McDowell will be appearing at Dick Clark’s American Bandstand Theater.
- The theater complex is located at 1600 West Highway 76.
- The concert is scheduled for Wednesday, October 24, 2018 at 7:00PM.
- Dick Clark’s American Bandstand Theater is housed in a complex that also includes a museum filled with celebrity and vintage vehicles, as well as a Hurts Donut shop.
- There is a gift shop located in the lobby area of the theater.
- The updated concession area - Legendary Eats - serves items like Johnsonville Brats, chili-cheese dogs, ham & turkey croissants, fresh-baked gourmet cookies, and chocolate covered bananas.
- Ronnie McDowell’s performance will be family-friendly and suitable for guests of all ages.
- PLEASE NOTE: Tickets for this special limited-engagement performance are non-refundable.
The beautiful voice of a country great is headed this way - and by “this” we mean Branson, of course, the home of sensational resident shows, and the best collection of concert performances you’ll find in any destination! Be in Branson this October 24 so you won’t miss the incomparable Ronnie McDowell!