The Princess & Pirate Cruise aboard the Showboat Branson Belle - sure to be on every kid’s “before I grow up” bucket list! But hey, we’re thinking that parents will also love this specialty cruise aboard the beautiful Showboat, the largest vessel of its kind to sail any lake in the country. Everyone looks forward to these specialty cruises, and the Princess & Pirate adventure is no exception - it’s been a huge hit! Kids are invited to dress up in their royal princess-prettiest dress, or their sauve and swashbuckling best! There will be plenty of opportunities for little royal majesties and ship-shape mateys to interact with the cruise’s very own bedazzled beauties and jolly mates (a.k.a. Princesses and Pirates,) and enjoy photo ops, as well as happy chats, high fives, and hugs -- they’re gonna love it!
An hour before cruise time, the activities are launched, including fun face painting (to put final touches on the whole princess or pirate persona,) talented balloon artists, coloring pages, and even more! And then the big adventure kicks-off with the Sail-Away Dance Party on the Showboat’s top deck. With a stunning customized and hand-painted backdrop, the Showboat stage comes to life with “If You Can Dream,” an exciting and inspiring production designed just for the Princess & Pirate Cruises! Featuring a fabulous cast of twelve, and five fabulous musical numbers, the whimsical story details the dreams of Phineas Pugwash, an aspiring pirate, and Maggie Blossom, a lovely princess-in-the-making.
If all of this isn’t already enough to dazzle any youngster, the cruise comes with a yummy meal of pancakes, sausage, fresh fruit, orange juice, and milk. For any little pirate, it’s certainly enough to “shiver me timbers,” and to make any young princess feel just like the new Duchess of Sussex!
If this is the first time aboard the Showboat Branson Belle for adult companions joining their little charges on board, here’s a bit of information about this ship fit for a royal princess, or the most princely of pirates: It’s an 1890s style paddle-wheeler, very reminiscent of those that once cruised the majestic Mississippi river. It can hold up to 700 passengers, and the multi-level decks allow for wonderful views in every direction. (Fun side note: After construction at White River Landing (where it still docks,) the big boat was launched into the lake on rails greased with two tons of bananas, making the process both fun to watch, and environmentally friendly for Table Rock Lake!)
Additional Information/Helpful Hints
- You’ll find the Princess & Pirate Cruises aboard the Showboat Branson Belle on Table Rock Lake.
- The Belle is located at White River Landing - 4800 Missouri Highway 165 - near Table Rock State Park and Table Rock Dam.
- The Cruise takes place at 11:00 a.m. on Sundays from June 16 through August 11.
- The Princess & Pirate Cruise boards one hour before cruise time - and there are activities featured during that hour, so don’t miss it!
- Activities during the event include face painting, coloring, balloon artistry, a dance party, photo ops and interaction with the boat’s costumed characters, and more.
- The cruise meal menu is: pancakes, sausage, fresh fruit, orange juice, and milk.
- The Showboat is equipped to accommodate guests with disabilities, including wheelchairs for transporting guests to and from the boat. There is also an elevator on the boat.
- White River Landing, where the ship is docked, has two retail shops.
- All performances aboard the Showboat Branson Belle are family-friendly and suitable for all ages.
There’s always something going on in Branson for kids to love, but some events and activities are truly special - letting kids dress us, get their faces painted, dance on the deck of a ship, enjoy a live show created just for them, and participate in even more activities takes top prize for fun! Ahoy matey, and prepare for the royal treatment about the Showboat Branson Belle for the Princess & Pirate Cruise!